Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you take your tea or coffee?
I've been drinking a whole lot of barley and corn tea lately.

It's only worth drinking cold, but oh my god it is worth drinking.

Hot it tastes like toasty piss.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The correct way to make tea is to boil water (in a kettle), pour a bit in the tea pot to heat the pot, add the tea, pour hot water over the tea - seep a few minutes until the desired strength, pour into pre-warmed cup, enjoy.

Preheating the teapot and adding the hot water to the tea releases the flavor faster than the tannins.

Now days people just pour hot water over a tea bag in a mug, the water gets cooled to fast, thus slowing the seeping process releasing the tannins. Worse is those people who plop a tea bag in a cup, add COLD water then nuke it in a microwave. The cold water really releases the tannins way before the color and flavor.

Its an art form, and I fear its becoming a lost art, few people actually have a tea pot nor a kettle, those who do happen to have a tea pot don't pre-heat the damn thing. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk....

Wink

Tastes nice how I have it and if it doesn't I won't drink it. Just like with coffee. I won't drink bad coffee. Life's to short for that!

Lunar Wrote:I don't drink coffee. I drink chamomile or green tea with no sugar added. I sometimes drink it with a bit of honey, but I prefer the simple tatste of the herb.

Definitely the same with Lunar.

cup of tea milk 1 sugar. i not usually have coffee.

I tried Lapsang Souchoung recently...
So I've been drinking a lot of Lapsang souchoung tea lately.