Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long have I been on GS??
axle2152 Wrote:I think we're truly privileged to be able to look back at things like this, no other generation has been able to.

People kept diaries. They'd write down their thoughts on paper using a pen. While they had no search function, they could go back and see what they wrote.

Diaries are really useful, you can see just how stupid you were in the past, write down your current most profound thoughts, and know that a few years later in life you will be able to see how stupid you are today!

[MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION], not out of place but certainly under-appreciated.
I bid NO Trump!

[MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23180]axle2152[/MENTION] Diaries are such a personal thing. I think Axle's point is that we are in the first wave of gay men who can communicate with others in a more or less public way, I. e., this forum. It may seem a while ago but it was such a short time back that such conversations were all back alleys, bars and far from public expressions. Of course, Camfer, those diaries do serve a purpose, but they are not public or the result of dialogue as this forum is.
I bid NO Trump!

East Wrote:Since 2008 or 2009 I think....

I left twice....

First time I got in a fight with a Conservative Christian who lectured everyone and then admitted to molesting his son....UGH....

I think the second time was the Putin love affair thread...UGH again...maybe it was something else...barely remember...

Now I rarely post....I am totally out of place here...

Well, I'm glad that you're around. I don't think you're out of place. :hugs:
''Do I look civilized to you?''

im guessing around 6 or 7 years ..but I deleted my account before - there was a point where 2 factions appeared once and it just got silly - people making demands of Andy and wanting to be moderators lol - its a site run by Andy ...he owns it and accepts donations if people can - you cant demand anything,,,and the gays got nasty -
I do miss the chat room though with PA , joseph , East , fenris , and loads of others ...some more personal than others - but I do love the no nudity policy too - it makes people post a topic instead of a dick......because were all side tracked when we see one Smile

I have been here for over 4 years it's a fantastic forum
An eye for an eye

I have been on GS for couple hours Smile

East Wrote:Since 2008 or 2009 I think....

I left twice....

First time I got in a fight with a Conservative Christian who lectured everyone and then admitted to molesting his son....UGH....

I think the second time was the Putin love affair thread...UGH again...maybe it was something else...barely remember...

Now I rarely post....I am totally out of place here...

Yikes, well I got on POF the other day and somehow there's a (I think) woman who is looking for a good Christian man. It is crazy but a lot of people are indoctrinated by someone else pushing it on them. I went around a lot of places in the Southeast helping with race events with a guy. He's a nice guy and all and is a Christian and of course conservative, thankfully not as nutty as a lot of other people. He would always have XM radio going on Faux News or some conservative talk show and of course he would talk about a lot of crap. Well, mind you this was a few years ago, after a few months of that my opinions on things started to change. It wasn't until I seen the truth of all politics, not just the conservatives (they are the worst imo) but the entire system did I get back to being sane. Anyway, while politics are important as the things politicians do, for better or worse will ultimately trickle down to us I think the subject destroys more friendships and families over issues most of us frankly don't understand. Just like Obamacare or any other bill is a complex legal document, unless you're a lawyer probably not going to understand fully so we get the ulta-condensed version through the news which no matter what source you can bet it is biased.

Anyway, I am learning to not let opposing views and down right stupidity get under my skin, not worth my energy or my health to let people make me upset. I'm getting better and those who do get under my skin will just end up my ignore list, can't lose sleep over it.

Not sure what the deal was about Putin, sounds kind of creepy. Not going down that rabbit hole.

At any rate [MENTION=18508]East[/MENTION] I hope you do stick around, you've always seemed like a good guy and have helped me out a time or two.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!