Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many languages do you speak?
English & French

I m fluent in English and french Smile

Spanish s my mother language, I think I'm fluent enough in English unless you kind people would correct me.

I can communicate in Japanese like basic stuff, asking for directions, greetings, colors, simple phrases, btw Sylph, it's Romaji, not Romanji and there are three writing languages, Hiragana, katakana & Kanji, Kanji it's extremely hard, not even Japanese people themselves are masters on it, the common writing language is hiragana.

I can also understand a little italian and french.

MisterTinkles Wrote:It may not be a "foreign" language, but it IS a learned language....so it does count!

Wish I had the money to take some sign language classes.

I was being technical, because it asked about spoken languages. :p
Pengy knows ASL too then! Big Grin

I insist that I only know English... however that would not be altogether true.

Latin, Ancient Greek and Hebrew are ones I can read and to one degree or another write. Speak? most likely no. I understand German when heard (but not when written those extra letter kills me). Spanish (Mexican mostly) I understand a lot better than I let people know.

I speak english - poorly... But then I speak any language poorly.

I can piece together French, German and other related languages to english.

Formal education in Latin, Ancient Greek and Hebrew and Aramaic... the latter I never got far in.

Farsi - I can manage a few words of comprehension...

I can swear in Czech....

Understand I do have a speech impediment - finding words from any language is at best difficult. I struggle with English, which I was raised with. So mastering any language is most likely beyond my skill level.

I only appear to know English well... but then I sit here and think a lot about each sentence before I write it. Ergo I do not do chat, or instant message because I can't keep up with language at any speed.

southbiochem Wrote:Just the 2.

You can look at my location to figure out what is my native language.

Although, sweet Evan88 has introduced me to tagalog basics. Who knows?

Yeah... and you'll teach me Spanish, no? Quite close to tagalog since it has some 5000 loan words from Español

I speak four:

English (main)
Chinese
Korean
Spanish

I can speak English and a little Welsh. Smile
An eye for an eye

I am fluent in Swahili, have some Arabic and schoolboy French...

English only

I took 2 years of Spanish in school and work with a bunch of Spanish speakers but can't understand any of it. I would like to have a second language but I just can't seem to do it.