Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you launder your sheets?
The question is prompted by what I saw on TV yesterday morning.  The average is once a week but there were some who said every three days.  However, some, I don't know how many, who said once a year!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Only when they crawl to the washer themselves.... whenever we feel it is necessary, maybe once per month
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I have two sets of sheets. I take the set on the bed off each Sunday, and the new set goes on. Then, the freshly laundered sheets go in the linen closet until the following Sunday.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(06-18-2021, 12:36 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: I have two sets of sheets.  I take the set on the bed off each Sunday, and the new set goes on.  Then, the freshly laundered sheets go in the linen closet until the following Sunday.
OOOH! Good looking and domesticated some lucky man out there is going to snap you up. Can you bake a decent sponge cake though?
The Human Race is Insane.

I luxuriate in the feel of antique French linen sheets that I bought on eBay.  Some even have embroidered initials of the original owners.  They're laundered every week.

(06-18-2021, 08:34 AM)LONDONER Wrote: I luxuriate in the feel of antique French linen sheets that I bought on eBay.  Some even have embroidered initials of the original owners.  They're laundered every week.
Lucky you. However something I’ve learnt from purchasing ‘linen’ sold on eBay is it’s often not linen and often claims of 1000 thread per inch are totally dishonest. As the actress said to the Bishop “Better to run your fingers over it before taking it on”.
The Human Race is Insane.

(06-18-2021, 11:20 AM)Karl Rand Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 08:34 AM)LONDONER Wrote: I luxuriate in the feel of antique French linen sheets that I bought on eBay.  Some even have embroidered initials of the original owners.  They're laundered every week.
Lucky you. However something I’ve learnt from purchasing ‘linen’ sold on eBay is it’s often not linen and often claims of 1000 thread per inch are totally dishonest. As the actress said to the Bishop “Better to run your fingers over it before taking it on”.

I worked in fabrics for quite a few years when I was living in New Zealand and I know linen when I see/feel it.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the sheets I have and which have embroidered initials, are 100% linen.  Some sellers on eBay aren't sure and verge o the safe side and describe what they have to sell as "metis", a mixture of linen abd cotton.  I was exceptionally lucky on one occasion when I bought a very large (3 X 2 metres) "metis" sheet that turned out to be exceptionally fine linen.

Once a week usually. Maybe more often in summer when I sweat a lot during heatwaves.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Tjemka88's post:
  • LONDONER

(06-18-2021, 02:33 AM)Karl Rand Wrote: OOOH! Good looking and domesticated some lucky man out there is going to snap you up. Can you bake a decent sponge cake though?

I've never made a sponge cake, but I do enjoy baking.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

They say that clean sheets leads to more sex with your partner!