Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How old were you when you came out?
This topic turned up in another thread.

It's interesting because I think its outcome is very much going to be based on geography ... people seem to be coming out younger and younger (we've seen on the boards already people that not only know their sexuality from an early age, but who come out at like ... 14 ? Would I'd had the [email=B@LLS]B@LLS[/email] to do that :biggrinSmile, but I think one of the key factors HAS to be geography. In third-world countries, or countries of certain religions, or even well-developed countries like Singapore with archaic laws on the subject, there is so much negativity towards homosexuals still kicking about that even those people that want to come out young have a really tough time, so I would expect the mean age for coming out there would be older than in the UK, for example ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

It's always a hard question for me to answer....

I really honestly came out to myself about 19...but I was having sex with boys/men since I was ...wow....before my teens even. When I didn't even really know what I was doing.

The mind is a powerfull tool. Getting fucked at 13-14 but not admitting it until 19...

22/23 when I came out... started coming out in Feb this year

Yer I'm one of the ones who came out at like 14, Shadow, lol.
And I'm from Hartlepool. North East. Rough as owt. Wink

I never really came out as such, my mum found chatlogs on the PC about how hot I thought Jude Law was, haha. It's a long story, I don't live with my mum, I live with my grandparents and I hadn't seen my mum for around a year and I didn't really think about whether she kept chatlogs to check up on my brother or not. She told my grandparents (who I live with) and after that I just didn't see a point in hiding it, this was when I was 15 Smile

Well I came out because I gave my parents my old phone.

It had dirty -cough texts sent to a guy saying stuff in detail.. I THOUGHT I DELETED THEM Sad

But yeh.. this was 15?

I think mum knows its true just wants to think its a phase Tongue x
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I was messing around with a neighborhood kid when I was 12 or 13. Did alot of fooling around until I was like 21. My father found some letters and magazines in my car bringing about the big emotional "I'm gay" saga.

Yeah... came out two years ago, at 15... >.< stupidest mistake ever.

I'm in Colorado, and I live in a very conservative place... litterally, you can't go more than five-hundred feet without seeing something that's anti-gay around here. I hate this neighborhood.

Oh yeah, and nobody trusts me anymore because of it... lost some of my good, lifelong friends, can't get any sort of job dealing with this neighborhood, and let alone finding someone to love around here. Ugh.

But hey, atleast coming out has done one thing for me: Kept my conscience at bay about lying to my folks.

13 :biggrin: