Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi chaps I'm new to the website!
Thank you everyone you are all so welcoming and friendly.

I can tell I will be hanging around for a while! Smile
[-] The following 2 members Like Raven's post:
  • Bookworm, Meebs

Photo 
Welcome aboard!

I have a pair of familiar wild ravens that know to come when I call them. We've established a couple of feeding locations, one a boulder and the other a small wood platform a bit less than than 2 meters up off the ground. Back when I ate animals I'd leave them the scraps. Now that I don't eat animals, all they get are the various rodents we trap on the farm. They watch me from the forest and fly over if I'm working near the feeding spots, just in case they'll get a treat. If I call them they'll come over to get something to eat. I'm able to stand 7 meters away when they retrieve the food, but that's a little close for them to be fully comfortable. Here's Cory with a tasty mouse. So there's my raven story for you.

[-] The following 2 members Like Camfer's post:
  • , Raven

Thanks for your story Camfer. They must really trust you.
Puke with the mouse tail sticking out from the beak!

They are said to be the most intelligent bird species. It is a legend and myth that if the six resident ravens leave the Tower of London it will be the end of the monarchy here in GB.

What made you give up eating meat?

Welcome  man!!
[-] The following 1 member Likes MusicFanLover's post:
  • Raven

Welcome to the forum Raven, good to have you here Smile
[-] The following 1 member Likes Cridders88's post:
  • Raven

Welcome to the forum Raven!
An eye for an eye

(05-08-2020, 05:14 PM)Raven Wrote: Thank you everyone you are all so welcoming and friendly.

I can tell I will be hanging around for a while! Smile
Hi Raven, Here in Australia we have a closely related bird, the local Crow. Very intelligent, they provide a public service out here in the sticks removing roadkill.
As others have remarked, this site isn’t saturated with detailed discussions of sex as so many others are. I’m not shy though in discussing my decades of experience but I’m mindful we could be visited by pre-teens. 
Anyhow, welcome an ancient old git who came crashing out of the closet 60 years ago.
The Human Race is Insane.