Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with ocd?
Kackerlacka Wrote:and please think before you post. Dont say "well maybe you dont love her" that will just cause me more obsession and anxiety and depression. Im not here to have my fear fed into!

Um no, we are not playing this by YOUR rules.

You posted here looking for advice, if is so happens that any of us actually feel that this is the case, then you are getting exactly what you are supposed to get here. Don't want that advice, then don't ask for 'help'

Since you are diagnosed OCD (you do have doctor saying that - right?) Then I strongly suggest if you want to have this handled you talk to a therapist about this and whatever other issues offend you at this time.

I assume, that if this does relate to your OCD issues than this is medical problem and should be handled by a medical professional.

I have a tendency toward obsessive behaviors (and compulsive ones as well). I went to many therapists over the years who would slap me in the face (if not literally) if I dared to start telling them what it was they could and could not do whilst I sought THEIR help. It doesn't work that way. Sorry.

There is a point where OCD does kick in, however what you fail to understand that nothing you have written is way out of the ordinary when it comes to doubts and issues in relationships. All people get anxious and obsess over love. And most people are not OCD.

So what you need here, really need - is a therapist who is familiar with OCD who can work with you to at least decide if your anxiety and fixation on the problem is really and expression of OCD or if its the more normal, and painfully human condition of being in love.

This is something that requires a few deep serious sessions and hopefully a therapist who has worked on your case long enough to have a decent idea of how your OCD expresses itself, how it affects you in order to separate OCD from normal human issues.

It sounds like what my bf is going through with me. He doesn't have an OCD situation going with it, but it's similar. I wouldn't say you don't love her. What I think it could be is something deep down in your conscious giving you this doubt. A fear that something might happen if you reel yourself in too much to her. I'm just giving out guesses. But think of what your concept of love is. And all that mushy gushy stuff that happens in relationships and do you see her as that person who makes your heart jump in joy? It's like those weird "electrical" feelings you get in your heart when something makes you feel special, if that makes sense.

It seems like professional help could maybe root out the problem. It could be something so simple and when your therapist breaks everything down, you'll get a better light kf things.

Wardo94 Wrote:It sounds like what my bf is going through with me. He doesn't have an OCD situation going with it, but it's similar. I wouldn't say you don't love her. What I think it could be is something deep down in your conscious giving you this doubt. A fear that something might happen if you reel yourself in too much to her. I'm just giving out guesses. But think of what your concept of love is. And all that mushy gushy stuff that happens in relationships and do you see her as that person who makes your heart jump in joy? It's like those weird "electrical" feelings you get in your heart when something makes you feel special, if that makes sense.

yes she does make me all happy and i wanna spend my life with her!

Wardo94 Wrote:It seems like professional help could maybe root out the problem. It could be something so simple and when your therapist breaks everything down, you'll get a better light kf things.

Yeah, im getting a new therapist. I just did a video chat with my gf and like everything came back. so its deff my ocd and anxiety. its so hard to defeat...she gives me those electric feeling, but not all the time. I hear thats common tho and even after a long time the electric feelings fade away and that love is the commitment of staying with a person. I was told love is an action and not a feeling....like love is someone you care about and can enjoy being with.....they said the electric feelings die and the problem ppl have is they think they fell out of love but it wasnt that...it was just dying gown the feleing, but then when you work on your relationship after that it builds strong bond and blah blah blah...then the electric feelings come back every once and awhile...i couldnt imagine my life without this girl

If that's the case then you're fine with her :p Like I said, it might be something hidden deep in your thoughts that's preventing you from seeing what's actually wrong.

Wardo94 Wrote:If that's the case then you're fine with her :p Like I said, it might be something hidden deep in your thoughts that's preventing you from seeing what's actually wrong.

thanks mate deff will i love this girl Smile

Kackerlacka Wrote:Yeah, im getting a new therapist. I just did a video chat with my gf and like everything came back. so its deff my ocd and anxiety. its so hard to defeat...she gives me those electric feeling, but not all the time. I hear thats common tho and even after a long time the electric feelings fade away and that love is the commitment of staying with a person. I was told love is an action and not a feeling....like love is someone you care about and can enjoy being with.....they said the electric feelings die and the problem ppl have is they think they fell out of love but it wasnt that...it was just dying gown the feleing, but then when you work on your relationship after that it builds strong bond and blah blah blah...then the electric feelings come back every once and awhile...i couldnt imagine my life without this girl

Yeah. Like every relationship, everything's all mushy in the beginning and you guys talk a lot. It's just where you get to know eachother, and then after you really know eachother and you both have mutual feelings for eachother, it gets more serious.

Kackerlacka Wrote:thanks mate deff will i love this girl Smile
Well, I hope everything works out Smile Good luck!

Wardo94 Wrote:Well, I hope everything works out Smile Good luck!

Thanks mate! I hope so too! all my feelings are back nowBig Grin idk how to defeat ocd and anxiety they are terror to me