Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to say "no" to rude/offensive offers
[SIZE="5"]Whether it be online, on the phone, or in person.........

How do you refuse rude, offensive, or insulting offers, proposals, suggestions?[/SIZE]

I am usually blunt about it, or just sign off or hang up.

Some people feel they have to keep their manners about them even if they are dealing with ingrates such as these, so what do you say to get your point across?

Here might be some suggestions:

"That was offensive, so do not contact me again, thanks"
"I don't get "into" that, so you will have to look elsewhere"
"My boyfriend won't allow that"
"I'm not that kind of boy/girl, look someplace else"
"I'm looking for marriage only"

Never add "Im sorry....." to your conversation, if you do, you are just validating their negative and offensive ways. You have nothing to be sorry for.

[Image: warning_offensive_tee_shirts-ra08c1b1731...g=0xffffff]

Online, I just ignore them. In person I say: no, thanks. Btw I don't remember the last offensive offer I got so it's not a big problem for me Tongue

Thanks for the tip.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Never add "Im sorry.....

This is going to be the most challenging part of your post for a very Canadian Canadian.

Yeah like this guy where i live keeps coming on to me after i told him im gay and he cant understand NO and he keeps stopping me then staring at my crotch area for innapropriate amount of time, like "im up here" and i told him im not interested but maybe could be friends and he seems to understand and then next times his eyes are down there again and this last time i was really short with him and now ignore him… when he first came on to me, halfway through his mate came along and just stood there next to us and im like "wtf.. who is this" and then this guy said "lets go and have fun" with his mate standing there like a dummy.

It depends on how rude they are. Normally I ignore it, since I hate confrontation. If it bothers me enough, I have no interest in being polite. I'll either tell them to fuck off or I'll tell them exactly why they are an asshat. I see no reason to sugar coat it in those cases.

VileKyle Wrote:I'll tell them exactly why they are an asshat.

I really want to know what makes someone an "asshat" lolol

MisterTinkles Wrote:[SIZE="5"]Whether it be online, on the phone, or in person.........

How do you refuse rude, offensive, or insulting offers, proposals, suggestions?[/SIZE]

I am usually blunt about it, or just sign off or hang up.

Some people feel they have to keep their manners about them even if they are dealing with ingrates such as these, so what do you say to get your point across?

Here might be some suggestions:

"That was offensive, so do not contact me again, thanks"
"I don't get "into" that, so you will have to look elsewhere"
"My boyfriend won't allow that"
"I'm not that kind of boy/girl, look someplace else"
"I'm looking for marriage only"

Never add "Im sorry....." to your conversation, if you do, you are just validating their negative and offensive ways. You have nothing to be sorry for.

[Image: warning_offensive_tee_shirts-ra08c1b1731...g=0xffffff]

Never say sorry, you say!
You've obviously never met a Canadian!
Sorry.

partis Wrote:I really want to know what makes someone an "asshat" lolol

They are wearing a metaphorical ass on their head. They don't always know it is there, but the stench is really apparent to others. I'm just letting them know so they can fix it.

If it's online,I'll just block them without giving a second though,lol. If it's IRL,then I guess I'll take your suggestions~