Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to season pork loin steaks?
I've already told you about the amazing steaks you can make using a Philips Airfryer.

[Image: philips-airfryer-with-recipe-booklet-and...299612.jpg]

Beef steaks are wonderful and extremely easy to do because they require very little seasoning: just some olive oil, salt, parsley, garlic and pepper and voilà! The natural taste and juices of the meat do the trick.

Pork loin steaks are different, though.

[Image: pork-loin-steak-10_11.JPG]

I tried to airfry one of these recently, the texture and moistness were perfect, as always, but the taste was disappointing - very bland and insipid, even though I tried a lot of stuff (parsley, salt, dijon mustard, garlic) and marinated it for several hours.

Any ideas for a SIMPLE sauce or seasoning are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance!

I would use a little basil and rosemary with a garlic olive oil.

The Dijon could be used to make a sauce.

Season them minimally and enjoy the meat

Bacon. I'll get to it in a minute.

I broil these and do all kinds of things to try to keep my roommate from eating a 12 oz. one all by himself. Usually use just kosher salt and coarsely ground pepper though my right hand sprinkles garlic powder or rubs garlic on nearly [NEARLY!} every bit of meat it senses. Rub it in good and let it sit for a little while before cooking. I use Penzey's spices and notice a definite difference in their black peppercorns. Worth the bother. Not really expensive. They also make something called Northwoods Seasoning which will tang it up a bit, but I don't use it all the time. You could also try one of the other kinds of peppercorns.

Come to think of it you could warm some good brandy and toss in a little butter and some cracked peppercorns then use it for a sauce.

The reason I say bacon is that these steaks are pretty bland and lean. There is really no way around it. Wrapping with bacon or covering with bacon would get some flavor in the mix.

Whatever you do, try not to overcook. Sounds like your Air Fryer will take care of that.
I bid NO Trump!

Rareboy Wrote:I would use a little basil and rosemary with a garlic olive oil.

The Dijon could be used to make a sauce.

No Thyme ???

I'm hick enough I dump A-1 and Horse Radish sauce on just about all meat... including Pork. Seasoning are irrelevant, other than salt and pepper.

SaintTab Wrote:Season them minimally and enjoy the meat

.....this of course is good advice in the bedroom as well.

I bread mine in a mix of flour, salt, pepper, and lemon grass (emphasis on the pepper-I use a mix of black pepper and white).
~Beaux