Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to start a conversation the right way on grindr?
How do I start an interesting conversation on grindr? it seems like when I start the conversation it's boring as heck... But when someone chats me they seem to make the conversation way more "intimate"(if thats the right word...) and actually makes me feel worth talking to them. But when I start the conversation I end up leading the conversation to talking about work or something boring...(unintentionally of course.) More or less I need some advice on how to correctly flirt with someone without coming off sounding whorish or anything like that...

Everything I've heard about Grindr is that it's not for connecting with people interested in your life or your mind. So sounding whorish seems to be the way to go.

Again, that's just going from what I've heard about it (including in reading threads on GS), and I've never actually been on it myself.

If you don't like that then why not find where gays meet more socially (if there's not an actual center in your school or city then I've heard mental health centers have sometimes provided groups getting together to talk about being gay and the crap they put up with over it). That way you could meet people who are interested in you as a person rather than as a piece of meat to play with.

Or try things like, "your profile says you prefer (platonic activity with no hope of euphemism here), and I know nothing about it, would you mind describing it to me?" Then say, "lol, that sounds fun!", even if it's volunteering to scoop at the dog park.