Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Remember Truman Defeating Dewey
I used that subject line so no one would think I was a cute young thing, hot to trot, new to the game, filled with wonderment, spending my day cultivating my 6 pack or refusing all offers that did not contain more than five digits in front of the decimal point. In a round about way I'm trying to say I'm old. I'm one of the bastion of men who have been gay and said so for more than 60 years. (I knew very early on and said so. Of course everyone said, "Dear, you're too young to even understand that". And, in the broadest sense they were partially right. I didn't understand it as well as I would but, what they missed, was that I had a firm foundation on which I stood them and for all the many years to come. I'm one of the men who took it and endured so that all the guys today can have what they have. I'm proud to say all that and I hope none will see it as offensive but just a statement of fact. I hope none of you under the age of 50 will go through what I did although I'm only too aware that you'll have your own fights. But yours are for positive things, not just recognition. I support your slow and productive determination to go beyond just being recognized but getting equal rights. I'm not a radical, I'm the person who was the Professor at the University that everyone "knew" what I was. Well, they'd better have known, I told them. I was the person of whom it was said when referring to homosexuals, "Well, everyone knows one nice one." But in being that nice one I hope that here and there people went away and thought...."Well,, he wasn't so awful. I could invite him to my home....if we had the children elsewhere. But that was a step. Getting in the front door. Now we're all over the house but...there's more to go. Gentlemen, I congratulate you on your persistence and, frankly, I hope it gives you the satisfaction my work gave me. And that's my introduction.

Welcome to GS Charon Wavey

We'll certainly appreciate you experience

Confusedmile:

Thankyou for laying the ground work to be built upon, welcome to GaySpeak Sir
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

And the young whippersnappers reply............

"Truman Defeating Dewey"? Was that a WWF fight or a WWE fight?

Rofl Rofl Rofl

Howdy!
Ok, we got us a Professor on here now! We better watch our "P's and Q's"!!!!

(can I be "Ginger"???)
Rofl Wink

Welcome! I know you must have lived through some very interesting times and have loads of advice to give the younger members on here that seek it.

Lycanthropist Wrote:Welcome! I know you must have lived through some very interesting times and have loads of advice to give the younger members on here that seek it.

Speaking of necessary evils, my old friend and next door neighbour, Mae West, once said, "Of two evils, I always pick the one I haven't tried." Such profound advice. And more so because it implies they could recognize evils...

Charon Wrote:I used that subject line so no one would think I was a cute young thing...

Well it got my attention. I came charging in here, ready to say I didn't believe you.

My hat's off to you, coming out with your age in your first post. I've been a member for about a month and a half, and haven't put a number on my age yet, although some of my posts have made it pretty clear.

I've been trying to count the members who are over 60, and I've only found 4 including myself. None between 50 & 60. Bowyn Aerrow persists in referring to himself like he's ancient, but he wasn't even around when Kennedy was assasinated.

Well Welcome to the forum. I'll look forward to learning from your experience.

Welcome to gs!

Welcome to the forum!!!

I hope we get to see a lot of posts by you, regarding gay history. Let us learn from you.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome aboard Charon. Hoping to hear more from you.