Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I Will Not Post Here Anymore
Many of you know me from the other site and I came over here because I thought people who are on this site would like the kind of posts I make on the other site.

But here my posting style is not welcome. I am not able to post the headline and a link. The site administrator wants me to also post some of my own thoughts, but I don't like to do that. On the other site everybody loves my posts and I just post the headline and a link.

I respect the policy here but it doesn't take into account people like me who are reluctant to share their own thoughts.

Your posts on the other site are informative for glbt news across the world and I enjoyed them, but they all depend on a link and from there they usually sprout a conversation among members there.
The problem is that here you need 50 posts before you can insert that link. You're 19 posts away from that. I know you're not really into sharing your own thoughts, but maybe you could participate in the word game forums. Some of them involve some friendly communication between members, but others like the The City Game are just listing a city based on the last letter of the previous post. Those kind of threads could help get your posts to 50.

I haven't posted on that other site in weeks, but if I remember correctly, I thought you were starting to occasionally show us a little of yourself and your views?

Awwww sorry to hear this site is not working out the way you had hoped, but think your decision through first intead of just leaving.

OMG! Nooooooooooooooo! Cry

Iceblink Wrote:Your posts on the other site are informative for glbt news across the world and I enjoyed them, but they all depend on a link and from there they usually sprout a conversation among members there.
The problem is that here you need 50 posts before you can insert that link. You're 19 posts away from that. I know you're not really into sharing your own thoughts, but maybe you could participate in the word game forums. Some of them involve some friendly communication between members, but others like the The City Game are just listing a city based on the last letter of the previous post. Those kind of threads could help get your posts to 50.

I haven't posted on that other site in weeks, but if I remember correctly, I thought you were starting to occasionally show us a little of yourself and your views?

Yes I know that when you pass 50 posts you can post the link. But more troubling to me was that the site administrator doesn't want people just posting a headline and a link. He wants the person to share their views. I am not comfortable doing that. I think people know my views based on the kinds of stories I post. I always support Democrats and Progressives and will look all over the internet for a story that can show Republicans in a bad light.

So that is why I have decided to stop posting here.

Metta8 Wrote:Yes I know that when you pass 50 posts you can post the link. But more troubling to me was that the site administrator doesn't want people just posting a headline and a link. He wants the person to share their views. I am not comfortable doing that. I think people know my views based on the kinds of stories I post. I always support Democrats and Progressives and will look all over the internet for a story that can show Republicans in a bad light.

So that is why I have decided to stop posting here.

Seems fair to me Wink

I liked your posts so I am sorry you are not going to post them anymore. Did you used to post on Just Us Boys?

Metta8 Wrote:I always support Democrats and Progressives and will look all over the internet for a story that can show Republicans in a bad light.

lol, that certainly is not that difficult. I see it everyday without looking.

But I want to show you this thread. LONDONER has pretty much given an an explanation of what has happened, and although there is probably enough there for us to have an idea of his opinion, it is not an explicit opinion. Maybe you could do something similar to this?

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=453970#post453970

sorry you feel like leaving , its the first time ive heard of anyone told to post their own thoughts on a subject though, not saying it hasn't happened before - I don't know the other site you refer to but after 50 posts (which I do agree with) makes posting on GS a lot more enjoyable - why not just continue to bounce between each site ? take care whatever you decide mate

hhhmmm... OK.....

Metta8 Wrote:I always support Democrats and Progressives and will look all over the internet for a story that can show Republicans in a bad light.

If that's what you do then it makes you just what I call a respinner. All you're doing is spreading one point of view that just happens to be yours.

With me saying that I bet you automatically jumped to assume I'm a conservative. I'm not defending conservatives. I'm totally about giving the unspun facts so people can make informed decisions based on them and not information that's been spun to fit one political POV.

Let's be honest, there are FEW informative news sources that truly give news without putting a left or right spin on it. They all lie with the purpose of appealing to people like you and influencing public opinion in order to push political agendas that appeal to people like you but only if whatever spin they put on it is best for their political futures.

How do you prove something to be strong ?
You try to break it, test it and investigate it. That goes for rope, cement, scientific theories and also news reports from the mainstream media, conservative or liberal. If I run across some news that really appeals to as soon as I read it I do my best to try to "break it" and make sure it's strong, reliable and true.

Example: Sunday I ran across an article about a conservative convention where they supposedly said they were getting out of the business of pushing anti-gay legislation. I was all excited! Then as I dug further into the story I found out it was total bullshit. All they are doing is throwing up a bunch of meaningless words and taking a new approach to anti-gay policies that's going to come around under new names and stealthy game plans.

I'm glad I've not seen any of your posts cuz if you're just respinning political mantra for one side or the other I'd feel obligated to expose you for it. Don't think that means I'm against you in any way. I am in favor of the THE TRUTH and there's almost no one today trying to tell it.