Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'I am Many'
[Image: _79640765_025061852-1.jpg]

Quote:In her speech, Ms Yousafzai said the award was not just for her: "It is for those forgotten children who want education. It is for those frightened children who want peace. It is for those voiceless children who want change.

"I am here to stand up for their rights, raise their voice. It is not time to pity them. It is time to take action so it becomes the last time that we see a child deprived of education."

I am so pleased that this incredible person is able to be a voice for change in the world.
Her work is very near and dear to my heart and I know that it is possible to make a profound difference in a community and country through educating children in the second and third world.....I can think of no one more deserving of the Nobel prize.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30411049

Malala Yousafzai is what the Nobel Peace Prize should be about. There has to be millions in the Islamic world who feel inspired by a 17 year old girl who has been singlehandedly speaking out against religious fundamentalism and misogyny since she was TWELVE then shot in the head by Taliban when she was 13.

And there are millions more who would sacrifice 1,000 innocent lives to kill Malala and silence her. But she is still unafraid of them as she becomes possibly the best spokesperson against Islamic fundamentalism.