Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am a bit concerned
I would love to be able to talk with some of our younger members of this forum on MSN especially those from NE England. But what worries me is my age and the fact that some might think I am trying to "groom" young men. Nothing could be further from the truth as I would never meet any of them in person unaccompanied or in a private place. There must always be someone to witness any meeting. If they want to talk with me then my MSN addy is on the profile. [I hope I have not broken any rules by this post}

Iya. Im not attacking you in any way if it comes across like that now..

Being my age I dont find it a problem, but I think YOU do. Ive noticed on certain messages etc youve said something innocent.. and thought OH NO MY AGE AND ALL HES GOING TO FIND THAT CREEPY. So you start saying sorry etc etc.

Then I think if someone my age range says something you may take it wrong, as you asked about my picture, and I got the impression you thought I meant well because of your age that I feel uneasy and didnt want to show, when I didnt at all.

So I think.. You need to decide if you see it as a problem..
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:Iya. Im not attacking you in any way if it comes across like that now..

Being my age I dont find it a problem, but I think YOU do. Ive noticed on certain messages etc youve said something innocent.. and thought OH NO MY AGE AND ALL HES GOING TO FIND THAT CREEPY. So you start saying sorry etc etc.

Then I think if someone my age range says something you may take it wrong, as you asked about my picture, and I got the impression you thought I meant well because of your age that I feel uneasy and didnt want to show, when I didnt at all.

So I think.. You need to decide if you see it as a problem..

No, no you misunderstand. I am not saying tha any individual like you takes it amiss. What worries me is that in this day and age so many will look and think what is a 62 year old man doing talking to teen guys on the net and will think there is a nasty motive. I talk with WLM and pocket pilgrim and would like to talk with others but I am scared to do so.

End of the day everybody can choose for themselves.. In public people probs would.. But that cant be blamed..
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:End of the day everybody can choose for themselves.. In public people probs would.. But that cant be blamed..

Thank you Mark. You are wise beyond your years. I think I will just sit back and wait for them to contact me on MSN then.

I think it is nothing more than stereotypes. The gay world is laced with presumptions of sex, drugs, and alcohol.

The ones that matter are the ones who can rise above that and be individuals. Age should not have a bearing Smile

Enigma Wrote:Thank you Mark. You are wise beyond your years. I think I will just sit back and wait for them to contact me on MSN then.

I don't like the way you phrased that. 'Just wait for them to contact me' and you've said yourself you're looking inparticularly for new members... I don't wanna sound like I'm attacking you or trying to cause a conflict... but yeah...
Also, you have changed your mood to worried, it seems that you're trying too hard to prove this and trying to play all innocent >_<

Hyde Wrote:I don't like the way you phrased that. 'Just wait for them to contact me' and you've said yourself you're looking inparticularly for new members... I don't wanna sound like I'm attacking you or trying to cause a conflict... but yeah...
Also, you have changed your mood to worried, it seems that you're trying too hard to prove this and trying to play all innocent >_<

Ahh now don't get me wrong Hyde. The one thing in this world I try so hard to avoid is offending/upsetting/annoying other folk. For all my brashness and silly jokes and daft posts I am basically insecure and have
always been so. Never like to make the first move. I am not inncocent but I suppose you are right about me trying too hard. Maybe I am too self concious. Been let down to many times in the past and don't want to be again. Nor do I want to let others down.

I have just added a few members of this forum to my MSN so I can atlk with them if they wish.

Ant why do you come on so early in the morning, or late in night LOL.

Basically I dont have a clue, enigma, let people message you unless you have built up a sterdy friendship. That way you eliminate the risk of people taking it the wrong way, but still manage to add contacts.
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:Ant why do you come on so early in the morning, or late in night LOL.

Basically I dont have a clue, enigma, let people message you unless you have built up a sterdy friendship. That way you eliminate the risk of people taking it the wrong way, but still manage to add contacts.

Exactly my way of thinking saltybeanz. I don't like to initiate conversations in case I am intruding on something. If folk want to talk with me they will. It's not a snobbery thing it's just respecting others privacy