Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't talk to cute guys...
Thanks guys. I'll try talking to him Monday. Any other advice is appreciated

VNight2014 Wrote:Ok... My friends are trying to set me up with someone. I don't really know him but they think we'd be a good match. They want me to talk to him tho. That's where my problems begin! I get what everyone calls my "shy-face." it's where my face freezes into a smile and my eyes just glance down. I look cute but I can't talk to anyone. I need advice on what to say or to get past this

Well you have to talk to someone if you wanna get to know them Smile. For the record, a lot of people think that "shy face" is cute, and will try to get you to open up more when they see it.

However, it might help to be engaged in something when you meet this person, that way you have little distractions to cover up your shyness. For example, one of my close friends has social anxiety disorder, and we played games while chatting, which got her to open up without even realising it.

Alternatively, you can brainstorm some topics that you find interesting to talk about, to minimize not knowing what to say. Both like a certain anime? Talk about characters you both love from it! Just an example.

Lastly, if you're meeting him for the first time, bring a friend along and make the very first "meeting" a casual thing rather than a date. This way, you can talk and discover common ground, and the third person can ease any tension or awkwardness between the two of you. Then, on your actual date, you have some things, hopefully, to continue talking about from the first time you met!

That's all I could think of unfortunately. Wee bit tired. But if I was in your circumstance I would do all of those things! I do those things anyway when I'm meeting with someone I want to be good friends with anyway! Xyxthumbs