Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I defend gays on youtube
jet2A Wrote:One of my favorite myths of the Christian righteous. As if I want more 15 year old twinky bottoms competing in my market. Nooo thank you
Rofl

I wonder if any of those Homophobes are from the Catholic Church , cos the pope is blaming gays in the clergy for all the Peodophilia that they covered up for years . Contary to belief by some people, if you are gay , then you are 10 times less likely to commit sexual crimes against children and thats a FACT

Love the winding up tho , love the Gay-O -Ray comment

Gareth125 Wrote:... if you are gay , then you are 10 times less likely to commit sexual crimes against children and thats a FACT ...
Where does your "fact" come from? I've seen too many published "facts" to the contrary.

Can't post a link yet ( not enough posts) , but the study I have read is a ratio of 1 to 11 However I do agree that this can be misleading , as you have to take into consideration the percentage difference of gay and straight men in the general population

marshlander Wrote:Where does your "fact" come from? I've seen too many published "facts" to the contrary.

I did a term paper in college on this and I found abunant references at the time that confimed over and over that gay people were far less likely to molest a child than their straight counterparts. There are, of course, the "Men who love Boys" club...I think their name is Lambda or something like that...I met a few of them over the years and I tried to keep an open mind but it was useless...I have little tolerance for them. I strongly disapprove.

I think the problem is when a man molests a boy they automatically assume they ae gay...and they are not.

eastofeden Wrote:I think the problem is when a man molests a boy they automatically assume they ae gay...and they are not.

Very true. Add this to the fact that a lot of cases of child abuse are by men against boys and we have a real issue of perception.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I found a few things...not sure if I can post a link yet so here is an excerpt which was published around the same time I did my term paper:

In 1978 psychologist Nicholas Groth screened 175 men who had been convicted in Massachusetts of sexual molestation of children and referred by a court for psychological evaluation. He found not a single gay man in this sample. Every one of the perpetrators was either an exclusive heterosexual, a bisexual with a predominantly heterosexual orientation, or a fixated pedophile with no sexual interest in adults.<4>

His conclusion? That "the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater risk to the underage child than does the adult homosexual male."

In the same year, researcher David Newton reviewed the scientific literature and found no reason to believe that anything other than a "random connection" existed between homosexual orientation and child molestation.<5>

<snip>

In 1988, renowned sex researcher Kurt Freund at the Clarke Institute of Psychiatry in Toronto studied two groups of paid volunteers and found that gay men responded no more to male child stimuli than heterosexual men responded to female child stimuli.<6> He later described as a "myth" the notion that gay men are more likely than straight men to be child molesters.<7>

<snip>

The key to understanding research on this issue is to recognize three things. First, a person's sexual attraction to adults, whether homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual, is wholly distinct from an attraction to children. A person can be attracted only to adults, only to children, or occasionally to both, but these attractions are independent facets of a person's psychology.

another snippet:

Myth #2 - Most sexual abuse of boys is perpetrated by homosexual males.

Pedophiles who molest boys are not expressing a homosexual orientation any more than pedophiles who molest girls are practicing heterosexual behaviors. While many child molesters have gender and/or age preferences, of those who seek out boys, the vast majority are not homosexual. They are pedophiles.

Unfortunately...the church as well as many uniformed people who simply assume a man and boy having "sex" (if that is what you want to call it) is obviously "gay" do not understand that molestation and rape is about "POWER AND CONTROL" and they erroneously assume otherwise and write their own opinions as though they are fact.....and the basis of the "fact" is wrong. My theory and opinion...you will find far less gay people involved in this type of activity because if it is "power and control" you crave....gay men can easily find this type of scenario with other adults whereas the very essense of the Catholic Church is power and control so I think it stands to reason that so many of the people attracted to this institution have these types of personalities. It has nothing to do with being gay.

EDIT: I forgot they changed it to 50 posts so gonna try a link to a discussion at DU in case you are interested..
http://www.democraticunderground.com/dis...56#4854018

OK...it worked!

Xyxthumbs Thanks very much for that. Interesting.

Yes, interesting indeed.

haha. funny comments u posted.