Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don'rt believe in Christmas
But I realise that there are many on GS who do so it doesn't stop me sending you my personal greetings. May you spend it in PEACE

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Believe what you want to believe. Don't be afraid of hurting our feelings. Tongue

Oh, I have a few things to say about xmas too...not very nice of course...no worries Londoner

I hope at least that someone got a laugh out of my attachment.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That I did, Londoner, that I did

Feliz Navidad...and Happy Festivus for the rest of usMexicanwave

LONDONER Wrote:But I realise that there are many on GS who do so it doesn't stop me sending you my personal greetings. May you spend it in PEACE
LOL She cheated on him and she expected him to book a room?
Lulz...

Merry Christmas though!

Ah, XMAS, where this church I've been driving by apparently forgot that the X in XMAS comes from the Greek letter chi which is in fact the shortened version of the name Christ in Greek Χριστός thus throwing on a persecution complex thinking there is a secularist plot to take "Christ" out of "Christmas" when the spelling is in fact Christian.
Christmas time, when groups of secularists & minority religious groups come together to protests a plastic Nativity scene on public property (the Nativity scene, which not only violates the Constitution, but, you know, violates the Ten Commandments of making graven images, but hey what I do care), causing Catholics and Protestants to come together to protests the protests. Togetherness - a Christmas miracle!
A small disagreement that turns into a "war" - but then again what isn't a war these days?
Christmas time, the holiday that caused Governor Rick Perry to waist his supporters money with an ad that says it is tragic that gays can serve openly in the military yet kids cannot express they celebrate Christmas in the public school system (which makes me scratch my head because when I was in elementary school we had a Santa helper and when I was in high school I had to have made at least one cavity from all the Christmas candy the teachers gave me, but shush we won't tell Governor Perry that!)
I suppose what I love best about Christmas time is the festivities! Setting up a Christmas tree reminiscent of the pagan tradition honoring the Norse god Baldur. Exchanging gifts reminiscent of the pagan solstice holiday of Saturnalia. Setting a mistletoe reminiscent of the Druid traditions of its mysterious powers, and of the ancient, Pagan, Scandinavian tradition of it as a plant of peace, and kissing!
Merry Christmas! The days are getting a longer now, what a coincidence! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

Chase Wrote:Ah, XMAS, where this church I've been driving by apparently forgot that the X in XMAS comes from the Greek letter chi which is in fact the shortened version of the name Christ in Greek Χριστός thus throwing on a persecution complex thinking there is a secularist plot to take "Christ" out of "Christmas" when the spelling is in fact Christian.
Christmas time, when groups of secularists & minority religious groups come together to protests a plastic Nativity scene on public property (the Nativity scene, which not only violates the Constitution, but, you know, violates the Ten Commandments of making graven images, but hey what I do care), causing Catholics and Protestants to come together to protests the protests. Togetherness - a Christmas miracle!
A small disagreement that turns into a "war" - but then again what isn't a war these days?
Christmas time, the holiday that caused Governor Rick Perry to waist his supporters money with an ad that says it is tragic that gays can serve openly in the military yet kids cannot express they celebrate Christmas in the public school system (which makes me scratch my head because when I was in elementary school we had a Santa helper and when I was in high school I had to have made at least one cavity from all the Christmas candy the teachers gave me, but shush we won't tell Governor Perry that!)
I suppose what I love best about Christmas time is the festivities! Setting up a Christmas tree reminiscent of the pagan tradition honoring the Norse god Baldur. Exchanging gifts reminiscent of the pagan solstice holiday of Saturnalia. Setting a mistletoe reminiscent of the Druid traditions of its mysterious powers, and of the ancient, Pagan, Scandinavian tradition of it as a plant of peace, and kissing!
Merry Christmas! The days are getting a longer now, what a coincidence! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]And people call ME jaded!!!!!

WOW!!!!! Rofl[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well, Mr. Chase....I asked what the difference was between Christmas and Xmas.
I was told that Xmas is a shortened version of Christmas, but the X stands for the cross that Jesus was nailed on (tilted).

But that is Easter, not Christmas. Dumb fucking Americans.

I just shorten it to Cmas.

Mr. Chase, religion is nothing but lies, hypocrisy, and greed. And they will lie, cheat, steal, and murder to "keep it a secret" and totally defend what horrific lies and actions they do.

[COLOR="red"]Furry Catmas Mr. Chase
Or in your case.............
Furry Woofmas[/COLOR]

Christmas believes in you @.@