Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't get the use of term 'lol'
Spencer Smile the first what I wanted to write as an answer to your post was... lol Smile
Can you explain to me what :3 means? Something like love? Why is it written this way?

@Nick
Lol..and I did indeed chuckle a little. :3 Is kind of my way of saying, "Yep yep yep! *nod*" I believe it's supposed to be a happy cat face or something.

Anonymous Wrote:Well... my x to english dictionary gives rant (translation to term I was looking for). Did look the link you sended but no idea where you got that rant needs to be long part - seemed to mean about what i ment... Then again we prolly shouldn't discuss term rant anymore. My dictionary seems to give different meaning to what you understand with rant.

Not sure what to say. I think I was happyer beliving people were exaggerating rather than that every second post here is sarcastic. (not huge fan or sarcasm)

Don't know what :tongue: means?

I was 'funning you' - That's why I slapped on the :tongue:

See a lot is lost in the written word - a lot.

Anonymous Wrote:Not sure what to say. I think I was happyer beliving people were exaggerating rather than that every second post here is sarcastic. (not huge fan or sarcasm)

I usually take 'lol' to be more about setting a lighthearted tone than about malicious sarcasm. Though I guess it depends on the context: Someone saying to their boyfriend, "Wow, you were always way over-possessive of me but it turns out you were just a cheating asshole the whole time. lol." The Lol there would probably be malicious sarcasm because you'd expect the person using it to actually be bitter based on the context.

Whereas if someone says "Sometimes I think my dog is smarter than I am lol." there's nothing really to suggest it's mean sarcasm...

I see much more of the second kind around here.

Nick, the symbols for love are <3 which creates a Herz seen sideways.

ceez Wrote:I've read plenty of post on here where I litteraly lol'ed and when i post a smiley I realy am smileing. You might not want to know what's going on when I use the sex smiley though Wink
Which one's the ''sex smiley'', Ceez?

Anonymous Wrote:I know what it means... But who laughs out loud 3 - 4 times while writing 2 short sentences? It feels so fake - dout the writer even smiled while typing the text. Bouncer

/rant over

Interesting...what else bothers you about other people? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LOL... That is all n.n

I like when my mum txts me and says lol that makes me lol... or choral

When I really do laugh out loud at something someone wrote, I end up responding, "Literally laughing out loud" because if I just type "LOL" they won't know which of the 56 meanings of "LOL" I mean. [Resisting the temptation to end this post with those three letters.]

princealbertofb Wrote:Which one's the ''sex smiley'', Ceez?

this one Smileysex
and this on is knuddle, I guess a kiss and cuddle Knuddel
and this one means I've made a mess Sperm
:biggrin:
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]