Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know what to do
I'm a senior in high school and I think I'm gay or I at least know I like girls and am not so into guys, and I'm finally ready to tell people this, but the problem is I have a boyfriend of like 5 months right now who is getting more and more attached. Whenever I spend time with him it makes me feel terrible to know that I am lying to him, but I don't want to break up with him and then come out right away because then he'll know I was lying to him the whole time. So I'm stuck and I don't know what to do. I could just wait 2.5 months for graduation and then break up with him and he would never have to know that it was a lie. I'm just looking for any advice for my situation?

You need to end things with this guy and soon, seeming how (as I see) you are not attracted to him. When? I can't say. But, as you say, not further pass graduation.

It will be difficult most likely, when it happens, but on the long run it will turn better this way. As bad as you think it will be now, it will be worse if this goes on.

How? That's also hard. It needs to be done in a way that shows heps done nothing wrong.

Perhaps you can say honestly, you don't feel as much for him the same he does for you.

You will be going to college (I assume) soon enough and that is a great place to be yourself. To start fresh.

It all comes up to how do you think he would react? If you think he can handle it, you can do it. If you doubt it will be better to wait and come clean some time after. But if there is no attraction, regardless of your sexuality, you need to let him go.

It will be up to you when you decide to end it with him, but keep in mind the longer you wait, the harder it will be for him. Also, two and a half months is like a year in high school.

I think you should break it off with this guy. It's not fair to lead him on, or even allow him to continue under the belief that you love him. Maybe he could be the first person you come out to. I think he'd appreciate it, and feel a lot better if you are honest, and communicated your situation and feelings.

Break up now and release him to find someone who might reciprocate his love. That way you can both move on and get on with your lives.

swalter Wrote:...he could be the first person you come out to. I think he'd appreciate it...

The way I see it, you owe him this much. The fact of the matter - you've done nothing wrong. Don't make it wrong by adding dishonesty. Many people who are gay try dating the opposite sex when they are young.

You call it lying, but it's just a matter of finding yourself. There must be some feelings there, or you wouldn't be with him in the first place. He needs to face the reality, and he probably will.

I wouldn't even worry about coming out until you've gotten past the first step. That's dealing with the situation you're currently in.

Don't wait until graduation, get this taken care of now. I was in a similar situation during my last two years of high school, and I really regret waiting until the very last minute to end things. Don't waste this guy's time, and don't waste your's either.

I notice these posts are all from the male perspective, hang in there and look back as our female counterparts weigh in, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Hello. If you only like women, you will have to realize that sexual attraction is not a possibility for you. From someone that was in your position in high school, I found that it was better to be honest and say that it will not work. I temporarily lost a lot of fri.ends and felt very low, but it was the right decision looking back

If you're not ready to come out yet, I think you should just break up with him.

Come out when you're ready, but whenever you decide to come out, your ex-boyfriend will probably hear about it eventually.
My ex-girlfriend turned out to be a homosexual, just like me. Very apt.