Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got my neighbor into trouble, now his wife is screaming at him.
We had a few days of decent rain followed by two days of warm, sunny weather. The lawn, a wee bit over grown, needed tending so I pulled out the mower and started mowing the 2 acres of land we reside upon.

While I was out there i got side tracked by the front of the property, a bit of high wind knocked Eucalyptus debris all over the place, mostly their shedding trunk, so I spend about and hour loading up wheel barrel full after wheel barrel full to dump it in the compost heap.

Then I returned to mowing. I finished about 30 minutes ago.

About 10 minutes after I sat down to have a cup of coffee and a smoke next to the Koi pond, contemplating if I will dredge that mess now or later, there is a loud bang next door as someone slammed a door.

Then her shrill, high pitched voice screams 'If the cripple next door can mow the damn lawns and they have three acres, the least you can do is mow our damn lawn!'

She is still going at it, screaming her head off and she has referred to me about 6 times as 'the cripple' or 'the cripple next door'.

I also feel a bit compelled to correct her, we only have a wee bit over two acres not three :tongue:.

I never have considered myself a 'cripple'. Yeah sure, I walk with the cane when my knee is really acting up, I limp most days and its no real secret I have blown disks in my spine - but Cripple?

I have taken some minor pride in the fact that instead of going on disability and throwing in the towel I still work - hard manual labor type work. Just last month I dry-walled and plastered three rooms in a house, yes that included ceilings. Dry wall isn't the lightest substance on Earth, not by a long shot. I managed, yes it hurt, but then it hurts a healthy person too. Its hard, dusty dirty work that is why they are paid the big bucks to do it.Wink

Sure I no longer play contact sports (not if I want to risk being paralyzed from one of the blown disks down). I no longer do camping trips and its been a few years since I pulled out the bow to actually hunt, instead of making a few trips to target practice.

Am I crippled? I'm I really that far gone to where someone can hold me up as a disabled person to a healthy individual to shame them to mow the lawn?

Of all the things people say to my face and behind my back (or scream behind my back) this is the first time I have really been hurt by what a person says.

I know she is angry and most likely frustrated (their lawn is chin high to a giraffe) so most likely doesn't mean to cause me harm.

I think I am being too sensitive. Am I?

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:... this is the first time I have really been hurt by what a person says ... I know she is angry and most likely frustrated (their lawn is chin high to a giraffe) so most likely doesn't mean to cause me harm.
but you can have fun, call her into the county that you are getting mice and what not in your house due to their un kept property. say yes to another excess.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I think I am being too sensitive. Am I?
about some things, yes.
she can get her fat ass out there and cut it her self. Nothing stopping her.

Wow!
I don't think you are over sensitive.

Has the woman no class at all?

I could not ignore her , I am much too wicked for that.
My solution, I would have printed up a card .

Code:
Crippled lawn mowing serves
Call for free quote.
7895 55566

But that's me.

I have a pretty thick skin, but that would bother me, too.

That said, she's probably (at least in an unthinking way) exaggerating your "condition" to emphasize her point (much like she says 3 acres instead of 2) to push her husband into some lawn mowing. It's still very thoughtless of her, however, as basically you seem to only exist to her as a tool to to manipulate her husband with rather than as a real person who can hear her.

I deff don't think you were being oversensitive, sounds to me like the lady next door is downright rude & obnoxious. Maybe she should mow the lawn herself...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I still work - hard manual labor type work. Just last month I dry-walled and plastered three rooms in a house, yes that included ceilings. Dry wall isn't the lightest substance on Earth, not by a long shot. I managed, yes it hurt, but then it hurts a healthy person too. Its hard, dusty dirty work that is why they are paid the big bucks to do it.Wink
Drywall is crappy work...plus like you say heavy, and really dusty (I've done some - but personal stuff - not something I would ever do as a job) LOL
Nobody who was crippled could do that type of work.

If it was me, I would just laugh. I believe if someone doesn't have the guts to say it to your face then its not worth the time. I would be looking for more ways to piss her off, like digging out my paint brush to touch up the house :biggrin:

main point, your better than them, don't let it get to you Bighug

Bowyn Aerrow,

Bighug

you pretty much answered it for yourself. Even though you know why she did it, and that she was wrong, it still hurts.
I can't say anything you wouldn't know yourself. You are pretty good in analyzing situations Smile

Try to forget and enjoy your Koi and trimmed lawn Smile

[Image: processingtogiveadamn.gif]

Her husband has a nice life that's for sure...

The name you chose for your post is interesting though.

Rainbowmum Wrote:My solution, I would have printed up a card .

Code:
Crippled lawn mowing serves
Call for free quote.
7895 55566

But that's me.

Do this, make sure you hand deliver it and report back to us the shade of red her face goes.

I am sorry Bowyn...I know how that feels. I like Mums suggestion....

...but I do want to ask you...were you somewhat friendly with this woman before or at least pleasant as she is your neighbor?

The reason I ask...I have a similar reaction but only when it is with someone whom I am friendly with and then I find out what they really think of me...I had to actually talk to my therapist about it years ago...

...the conclusion...I don't understand phony people. Nowadays when it happens occasionally I still get my feelings hurt a bit but I just dismiss them and am thankful I saw behind their mask. I don't like wasting my time with phony or mean spirited people.

Two more things...you have to understand that what she said was a reflection of who she is and has nothing to do with you. That is really important. The other thing...she marginalized you and when that happens it can be really hurtful....so make sure you do not marginalize yourself.....do NOT internalize it any further!

I have to say, it was really tacky for your neighbor to say that, and I like Mum's suggestion.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!