Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got "the vid"
Dun dun duuuu! 
Seriously though, I got covid and want to encourage anyone that isn't vaccinated yet to stop being a damn brat and get the shot. A couple years ago I caught a virus similar to covid and stayed sick to the point I could barely walk for almost a full week, with the vaccine and taking my doctors advice on taking vitamin D covid feels like a common cold. So far I've just had a small cough, congestion, minor body ache for a day and I can't smell or taste anything which is what upsets me the most (can't tell if the soup I made is good or not Sad

But please please please take care of your bodies to avoid the worst of it, a lot of people that survive with major complications end up with permanent damage.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]
[-] The following 2 members Like ceez's post:
  • eastofeden, InbetweenDreams

I'm currently suffering from a respiratory virus but tested negative for COVID, not sure if it's just the man flu, but I'd hate to think what covid would feel like based off how I feel now.

I wish you a speedy recovery, take it easy!

(11-02-2021, 09:53 PM)Rawr Wrote: I'm currently suffering from a respiratory virus but tested negative for COVID, not sure if it's just the man flu, but I'd hate to think what covid would feel like based off how I feel now.

I wish you a speedy recovery, take it easy!

I'm so sorry to hear that please rest and get well soon
[-] The following 1 member Likes ceez's post:
  • Rawr

@ceez and @Rawr Hope you guys get to feeling better! And agree on the vaccine...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez, Rawr

Why did I think about a video when I saw the headline???. @ceez and @Rawr please get better soon. C, I hope your symptoms stay manageable and you get your sense of smell back soon. R, hope your immunity kicks the virus’ ass. Get better soon you both. Sending you chicken soup in my thoughts.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.
[-] The following 2 members Like Bhp91126's post:
  • ceez, Rawr

@Bhp91126 I thought the same thing too. Thinking @ceez went to Blockbuster or something lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez

I am so glad you got the vaccine ceez - and glad you survived.

I am getting my booster tomorrow - already have an appointment.  I go  there right after I get my INR which - as you mentioned - is due to my long term and maybe permanent damage from covid. It gave me a blood clot in my heart so I have to have an INR every month to make sure the blood clot is thin enough but the blood not too thin in case it decides to travel or block an artery. 

The no taste thing - my taste finally came back BUT I went from a 38 waist to a 31 waist now - also reversed my diabetes which I no longer have (a good side effect).

I stopped talking about the vaccine though. I tried for a long time but it reminds me of talking to a wall too much so I no longer even comment to anyone one way or the other. I saw the same thing with AIDS and working in a gay nightclub I saw hundreds of people die one by one after ignoring the warnings so this is not my first rodeo. 

Glad you are both OK

(11-04-2021, 01:23 AM)eastofeden Wrote: I am so glad you got the vaccine ceez - and glad you survived.

I am getting my booster tomorrow - already have an appointment.  I go  there right after I get my INR which - as you mentioned - is due to my long term and maybe permanent damage from covid. It gave me a blood clot in my heart so I have to have an INR every month to make sure the blood clot is thin enough but the blood not too thin in case it decides to travel or block an artery. 

The no taste thing - my taste finally came back BUT I went from a 38 waist to a 31 waist now - also reversed my diabetes which I no longer have (a good side effect).

I stopped talking about the vaccine though. I tried for a long time but it reminds me of talking to a wall too much so I no longer even comment to anyone one way or the other. I saw the same thing with AIDS and working in a gay nightclub I saw hundreds of people die one by one after ignoring the warnings so this is not my first rodeo. 

Glad you are both OK
I'm sorry that happened to you, I hope they find a way to get rid of that blood clot. I'm not sure if it has the same effect for blood clots but I use bragg vinegar to help control my high blood pressure. 

I took everything I saw seriously for the pandemic and did some actual research on the virus and vaccine (wish more people did that), I got my second Moderna shot back in May and I'm glad I did
[-] The following 2 members Like ceez's post:
  • eastofeden, InbetweenDreams

^^^ ceez - the quote function didn't work - wanted to say I am glad you read about it and came to the conclusion you did. It most likely saved you from having a serious case or worse.

I also read about it first and easily came to a conclusion -  I am a fan of science and I trust Dr Fauci. Also - my grandmother had polio and all the early photos of her has these odd looking leg braces and crutches attached to her arms or wrists - so I know the good vaccines can do. Additionally - I got all the childhood vaccines myself - 

I got the two Moderna shots as well - I passed the six months thing last week so my booster will be this evening - also Moderna.
[-] The following 2 members Like eastofeden's post:
  • ceez, InbetweenDreams

@ceez @Rawr Hope you both get over this soon and aren't suffering too badly.

My mum, dad and grandma all have Covid right now too. My grandma (who's 94) is in isolation in hospital but they are all doing well, only experiencing mild symptoms. My parents isolation ends on Saturday. It's been a worrying time but luckily they all had their Covid & flu boosters the week before testing positive, which definitely helped.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>
[-] The following 1 member Likes Bookworm's post:
  • ceez