Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have received the blue hummingbird screen of death!
So my computer is having some booting issues, I am currently using my parents' computer. Anyway, when I turn on my computer it goes to the screen where it gives the option of launching system repair or starting windows normally. System repair takes me to a blue screen with a little white hummingbird and some green leaves and some funky squiggly lines. Never seen this screen before in my life. So it goes to this screen and freezes there. I turn off the computer and start again. Selecting run windows normally will just make it restart. I tried hitting F12 or whatever and trying system restore and basically every other option listed on that page, starting in safe mode, all those things. Everything takes me to the hummingbird page. I've tried all these options several times because I keep getting told sometimes you have to do it a few times.

I also read one story where the person left it on the hummingbird page for like an hour or something and it suddenly loaded. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to reinstall windows but I lack the disc so I'd reallyyy rather just fix it. I'm gonna be insane and keep repeating all these solutions until one works or you guys offer a new idea. :3!

I am completely lost without my own laptop so all ideas and suggestions would be awesome.

Oh and if it means anything I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and I use Windows 7. And I will buy a new computer before I even consider contacting Dell and asking them about the problem. I mean it. I will not talk to Dell about my computer issues. Ever. Never...

Hi, it seems that a lot of people had this problem. When I typed blue screen with hummingbird in Google, it gave me a lot of links to different forums.
None of them had the right solution? Sad

Hi spencer
Glad to you have access to another computer.
You can download window 7 recovery disks at the link below.2

Recovery link.

Hope it all works for you, keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discu...ranch.html

Maybe that offers an insight

The other thing you can try is at the link below.

Microsoft.

Out of curiosity , did this problem start after the last Microsoft updates this week?

I've been having an interesting problem that started right after the Microsoft updates that might somehow be related to this. Immediately after the updates my AVG (though not Avast) picked up some unidentifiable rootkits in win32k.sys which I read caused the blue screen of death years ago. I tell it to get rid of it and it says it has to reboot to do it but once rebooted they're still there.

Since I do believe they've come from the update I haven't done anything about it (AVG doesn't know what it is and isn't certain it's actually malicious, and Avast doesn't pick anything up), but I do find it annoying and worrisome. And when I researched to find out more I did read that in years past they did cause the blue screen of death.

I didn't download anything. My computer was fine then I went to work, came back and tried to get back on it and it was all crazy. I've got a feeling I got a virus or something. None of the ideas from sevenforums worked for me. Although I did get the windows recovery disc downloaded! I tried to the attempt automated repair but it just spends an hour searching for problems. I'm gonna leave it up whiel I'm at work in case it's just taking a while but I have a feeling it's frozen. I tried the system restore option. It tells me to restart my computer and select an operating system but I don't know how to do that? I'm not given an option to select an operating system when I turn the computer on. I also tried scanning for viruses but it froze when I clicked scan. I'm at a bit of loss of ideas..

Hello,
I have the same laptop as you matey and to be honest i agree dell are crap... I scrapped my laptop as i placed it down to a virus and just bought a packard bell which is also just as shite lol

Best thing to do is give it a day to sort itself out if it does and loads windows re install it if it doesnt then time to bin it

If possible download AVG ANTI VIRUS and registry mechanic they are two brilliant programs id recommend... I use them both registery mechanic fixes problems and issues immediately and is worth the case AVG is free unless u want to pay

Pix give this a try, with regards to Rootkit detection.
Link

Spencer contact Dell and asked them for recovery software.
They must have something,