Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just came home from the Gym and feel as I lost track of time
OlderButWiser Wrote:My money is on alien abduction.

Have you checked for any weird marks on your body?

Just saying Biglaugh

psst...that is a different matter I dare not talk about, because people will think I am crazy!

princealbertofb Wrote:I had both reactions,

one that you were probably high on the endorphins that your body produced from the gym, that is possible, it lulled your senses pleasingly. Maybe even distracted by your thoughts if you were feeling tired.

Two, you're used to driving that road home, you went onto automatic pilot.

Three, do get a physical check up and ask about this, because there may be a hidden cause there, and you wouldn't want to pass it up, if there were cause to worry.

I got with what PA said. It's definitely linked to exercise, endorphins and going on autopilot doing something that's routine.

It's not an age thing cuz it happens to me after I get out and run and get my endorphins going. A couple of weeks ago I did a hard fast run to the cafe... the next memory I had I was halfway through my breakfast with an empty coffee cup that was being refilled.

Wait until it happens one day and you're sitting on the toilet and have no memory of giant turd coming out of you. That made me worry about aliens, and alzheimers for a few minutes.

East Wrote:Ah...yeah...I think you are referring to HWY 1 and if so...I definitely do not use auto pilot on that road. It is beautiful...and dangerous. I spent the day in Monterey last Sunday actually but I didn't go south on HWY 1 past there.

Now that I am thinking of it...I have another weird driving thing... in San Francisco. The more chaos that is happening around me...the calmer I get. I have been with people who have panic attacks driving in San Francisco with all the stimuli and things happening but none of that ever bothers me at all....

Probably... i mean the one that goes around the south shore of Monterey Bay through Pacific Grove, Monterey, Carmel, etc. I got some nice pictures.

101 is the more inland one?

But Leandro, didn't you tell us that you went to the doctor last week? Same appointment?
I bid NO Trump!

Where did you read I stated that!? last time I've been to the Doctor was back in May of this year for a yearly physical, but not recently!? but thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it!! ever since this weird experience I am being a bit more cautious and aware of any symptoms! thank you!!

Is called joke. You are supposed to laugh.

We've been giving you such a hard time it isn't surprising you are taking everything seriously.

You are wise to see the doc, but don't worry. It's bad for you.

Now did you hear about the old guy who went to see a prostitute?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Is called joke. You are supposed to laugh.

We've been giving you such a hard time it isn't surprising you are taking everything seriously.

You are wise to see the doc, but don't worry. It's bad for you.

Now did you hear about the old guy who went to see a prostitute?

Oh my dear friend I didn't take your response personally at all! Doc ya say!? next week! I know I am o.k, thou, just taking precautions; as you may already know after you hit a certain age one starts experiencing all kinds of weird symptoms! and knowing me I don't let anything past me! THANK YOU!!

Leandro... I did some thinking on this Friday driving with Ray. I was looking at the road ahead, pretending to listen to him and thinking more about other things or nothing at all the whole time. I'd look at road signs for mileage to the next town and one minute later had no idea what it said.

Is that like what you've experienced?

My dad's a Dr. I casually mentioned one of my memory lapses to him last year while he and I were doing some yard work. He snarked a nasty name at me then snickered for me to get back to him once I have kids and I'll be thankful for not remembering everything i did. The rest of the day he gave me hell about it acting like he didn't hear anything I said.... the same way he used to do when I was a kid just running off at the mouth.

Later I mentioned it to Mom while she was reading and told her what Dad said... She acted like she didn't hear a word I said and asked if I wanted to borrow the book when she was done with it.... Then she and dad started laughing.

Let me put this in perspective for you --- My parents are friggin overreacting Nazis about anything that has to do with my health. All it takes for them to come down on me is for me to sneeze or get a fever... or to hear from someone else I said not to tell my parents I wasn't feeling well.

You might want to ask other adults and parents before you run to a doctor and have him set you up with a bunch of tests to pay his green fees at the country club.

Wolfpack Wrote:You probably just spaced out and daydreamed a little on your journey home. I am guessing you do the journey pretty regularly, so it has become routine for you and the memories of it probably do not seem so prominent for you.

As my therapist told me it is quite normal to have only have parts of a memory of an event, because if we remembered everything we did day to day in life we would not be able to function at all.

I have a friends whose memory is like a video. She can tell you where you were and how you were dressed and what you said and did precisely... Often I just marvel at how she can remember these things when they've completely slipped my mind. We function in very different ways. I decide to let things go. She can't, unfortunately. It's her bane as well as her talent.

OlderButWiser Wrote:My money is on alien abduction.

Have you checked for any weird marks on your body?

Just saying Biglaugh

A great explanation today on BBC Radio Four's Museum of Curiosity
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04lpxxf
Apparently there's a medical condition in which people are adamant about their bodies being infiltrated by tiny wasps that itch and tingle inside them. There's a medical explanation but apparently, those beset with this condition won't hear anything of it, preferring to believe in the tiny wasps...