Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know this isnt a transgender forum buttttt....
I would believe GaySpeak to be for the GLBT community, so it would be my belief that this is absolutely the right forum for Transgender issues.

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you had at school today and would agree with what others have already said, You handled yourself well.

Absolutely your sexuality is personal and it is your right to say 'Hey that's private, you are over-stepping the line'.

I wish I had more too offer, but everything that I would like to say has been said by other above me.

You come across as a beautiful person and I hope you will always feel comfortable confiding in all of us be it through a thread or in a private conversation, and even though I have only been here a short while, I know this place is full of wonderful people.

I hope school life gets more comfortable for you Wink I know it is a cliche saying, but you will be suprised how quick it will pass.

I feel for you, I really do. But I'm on the other side of the desk; I'm a high school English teacher and god knows I've had my share of dealing with students going out of their way to make others feel "inappropriate" as you put it. Is there anyone on campus that you can talk to--you're a sophomore so you need to suss one out, 3 long years left after all. I've been that person for a lot of my kids for various reasons, including sexual orientation issues. Find her or him!! I know someone is there at your school who will listen & just allow you to be yourself. Maybe you can help that person too...it happened to me. Changed my life, and his too, by 180 degrees. Just keep your eyes open at school is all and I agree, you don't need to explain yourself to anyone!! Ever!! You start to sense judgment, you tune it out. Pinky-swear promise on that one...I know what I'm talking about hereConfusedmile: no judgment allowed into your heart. Pinky-swears count online you know...

Thank you for all the help. I pinkey swear

You could do this:
Nosy buggers: "Are you a boy or a girl?"
You: "A boy. Are you a boy or a girl?"

And then just go a head and grin, even if they answer.

Im not really good giving an advise at this topic cause i was always the one when someone asking me something like "are you gay" i was just hiding and i was yelling no.

The only thing that i can tell you dont waste not even one second from your life to be sad for those people, they will never understand and you couldnt care less what they thing about you Wink
Hope you ll better now Smile

You know, when I was younger, I actually got asked the same question a few times by people wondering if I was a boy or girl.

And I remember even though I was young, it still really hurt me, embarassed me that they would even have to ask.

Now I don't know what your situation is or what your current gender is, but I don't need to know. All that really matters is how you handle these folks who wanna ask questions that are none of their business. My stance would be, tell them a definite answer, one way or the other. Boy or girl. I would think that would get it to stop. Because if you keep refusing to answer, I fear they may keep on asking.

But I'm not very good at thinking like a high schooler, even when I was in high school. Some kids are dumb, some are cruel, some are both. Sad

your exactly right about things being private but the fact of the matter is dont worry about what people say about you because its your business and if people dont like it then you should tell them to shove off
and im here for transgender people too

So how is school going?? You ok? Any bright spots on the horizon? Haha I hate getting up so early in the morning; it's killing me and it's only been a week...SadSad oh well, got to pay the bills. I love teaching and my kids don't get me wrong, but god dammit janet why can't school start around 10??!! You find that life-source connection there yet?

yeah it doesnt matter what people think. Just be comfortable in your own skin.

Seems to me shes interested in what you are and represent; something foreign to her and she earnestly wants to know. Id tell her; get to know me and I may open up. Then again I don't have to tell anyone about myself I have an "aura" or something like that <_< But anyways yeah I can understand; its high school and you'll get used to it eventually I promise Smile