Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like this
Jesus Christ here we freakin' go again........

Can't you children play nicely for once?

Josh, dear, please don't hate on Londoner for it is written ( or at least it should be): If thou wish to be tolerated, thou shalt have to tolerate others, even if you think they're idiots and would love for them to disappear, feel your wrath, be eaten by penguins or sassed to death by Sylph.

Londoner, please, please don't make this yet another warfare thread. Yes everyone is perfectly entitled to their opinions but please....not here, I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong, Josh) that this thread was made to talk about positive examples of tolerance- to be a thread that restores your faith in humanity, just a little bit.

I really think that the Feminism thread and that other one were quite enough shit- slinging for quite a while and it's starting yet again here. Iam not pointing fingers but for Christ's sake don't start GaySpeak War III

Alright I'll shut up now........

Chris

Big hugs for everyone Smile

This thread reminded me of this song (or part of it anyway):

It's alright, everyone. People might say something they have experienced, and I assume it was bad. No worry.

First, I'm sorry for my English. I wanted to say something, but it's quite hard to tell you as English isn't my language.

I was working on a project with different students from college. Most of us were Muslims, and only two were Christians. For a while, those two seemed to be closeted and felt weary.
However, we, Muslims, treated them as equal. We gave them chance to pray at Church and even asked them everytime we planned on something, just in case it might conflict with their belief.
At the end of the project, we opened up everything, and they admitted that they, at first, felt uneasy. But they were surprised how tolerant Muslims are, not just like how they imagined before.

Joshular Wrote:LONDONER
Fuck you sir... Fuck you
To me you just have seemed like a real cunt towards muslims. And you're opinion is invalid to me.
I've met some lovely muslims who are open minded to the western world. Have you ever stooped to think that it't us who are closed minded you twat.

GTFO my peace thread bitch!

Pengy
QUACK!!!

I repeat what I said to Genersis: "I was very careful to say: "I'm just demonstrating here that [I]radical Muslims ...." It doesn't apply to all Muslims, naturally."[/I]

So please read my posts carefully before you insult me, and please moderate your language.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I remember watching an ep of a show...I think it was called What Would You Do?. Not sure. Anyway they set up actors in a public restaurant to make it appear parents left a gay teen boy with a...whatever you call those fundies that are supposed to help kids pray the gay away. After making a scene the boy runs off and the point is to see how the (presumably) unsuspecting people would react to this apparent Christian bigot.

To my surprise, one of the people to confront him was a Muslim family man (had wife and kids there), and he had an accent as well which made me think he'd been raised in the Middle East, and he told the Christian fundie to lay off the boy, gays are born that way and he was harming the boy by being such a Christian.

That...was...awesome! Roflmao

And I admit to being very surprised. OTOH, anyone see Persepolis, about the everyday people in Iran? In some ways it's scary because I could see America becoming so controlled by religious extremists as well, but many Iranians were often confused to downright rebellious (at least in secret, like going to secret parties, and it didn't include everything like I recall a BBC pic of several Iranian buildings with illegal dishes to get forbidden channels and I also knew a Buffy fan via messageboard who said the censorship of Buffy--which featured not only frank sexual relationships but also a positive lesbian one--was minimal). I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it, I've seen that movie at least a half dozen times and each time I laughed & cried. Iran is a slice of Hell, but many Iranians just suffer there too afraid to rise up against the batshit crazy fundies, they're not batshit crazy themselves. Naturally, the Iranian government has done all it could to ban the movie around the world, not because Iranians are bad, but because their government is.

LONDONER Wrote:I repeat what I said to Genersis: "I was very careful to say: "I'm just demonstrating here that [I]radical Muslims ...." It doesn't apply to all Muslims, naturally."[/I]

So please read my posts carefully before you insult me, and please moderate your language.

Hi, Londoner.
What you said might be true. The radical are radical, there's nothing to say to change them. The fact that you post it in here is quite irrelevant. I see that the picture wanted to show that it is wonderful if all religions could live in harmony.

However, I know how radical they can be. And that's not only happening in Muslim community. Have you watched The Mist (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884328)? People die because of self-rightousness.

I would say radicalness is dangerous, in ALL religions. I would not close my eyes from the fact that radical Muslims are dangerous, but this also reminds me of the history of geocentric and heliocentric theory.

LONDONER Wrote:I repeat what I said to Genersis: "I was very careful to say: "I'm just demonstrating here that [I]radical Muslims ...." It doesn't apply to all Muslims, naturally."[/I]

Ok what I get from this is cos I said words my intention is harmless

My message to you is to fuck off and let this thread be about peace, (AS IT WAS INTENDED YOU FUCK) and stop being a flamer behind a key board.

~Joshular >:C

Fuck off you stupid fuck, the other week you wanted to burn churches, did you like that too.

tavi Wrote:Fuck off you stupid fuck, the other week you wanted to burn churches, did you like that too.

I still think that babe

I love you *hugs*