Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love... NIGELLA LAWSON!
I love NIGELLA LAWSON. She's brilliant, wonderful and my favourite tv cook.

Nigella obviously loves food and her enthusiasm is infectious. Moreover, her recipes are not just delicious but extremely simple as well: she makes food that anyone can actually prepare at home.

I'm sure Ramsay and Jamie Oliver are wonderful but I'm really not that interested in preparing some exotic seafood that only exists in Galicia and costs 300 euros / kg.

Anyway, here's one my favourite recipes, Nigella's chocolate mousse:

Mini marshmallows, how brilliant is that?!

And another great classic, Nigella in Brazil showing her famous chocolate muffins:

I like (not love) Nigella too. She's fun and funny to watch but the vast majority of her recipes I can't emulate since there is so much sugar and dairy produce. One recipe of hers that I have made many times is her "Spaghetti puttanesca". There does't appear to be a video of this on YouTube but the recipe is here:

http://www.foodnetworktv.com/recipes/spa...nesca.html

As I'm diabetic I use whole pasta. Delicious!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

She is rather awesome.

laidbackscot Wrote:She is rather awesome.

She seems to have toned down her presenting of late as far as I can see. Not so many double entendres that in a way is a pity. Maybe she was losing her female audience because of them.

Thanks for the reminder that I should look her up more often. I like her take on food. Like Londoner, I can't eat a lot of it, but the videos do give me a chance to indulge sans calories and carbs.
I bid NO Trump!

I have never really seen her before but I do ADORE Chef Ramsey...I watch everything he does. I love his simple and fresh ingredients approach to food......

LONDONER Wrote:She seems to have toned down her presenting of late as far as I can see. Not so many double entendres that in a way is a pity. Maybe she was losing her female audience because of them.

Loooll Yes, I believe that's true. All her colleagues and friends say she's funny and sassy.

East Wrote:I have never really seen her before but I do ADORE Chef Ramsey...I watch everything he does. I love his simple and fresh ingredients approach to food......

I like Ramsey too and I've used some of his tips but his recipes are usually too complicated and the ingredients too exotic and hard to find.

Speaking of which:

[Image: syHzD.png]

MisterLove Wrote:I like Ramsey too and I've used some of his tips but his recipes are usually too complicated and the ingredients too exotic and hard to find.

Speaking of which:

[Image: syHzD.png]

Mmmm, that just about sums him up.

Ah, Yes! Mr. Ramsay is known for the simplicity of his speech.
I bid NO Trump!