Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a socially awkward gay guy.
Hi... I'm new.

I'm very socially awkward in real life. I've been known as the quiet guy in class who barely talks unless spoken to first. But like... people don't really know me. In their mind, they think I'm all shy and innocent, but deep down there's so much about me that they don't know. Heck, they don't even know that I'm gay!

Anyways, I'm glad the internet exists. At least I can use it as an outlet to express my inner thoughts and emotions...

welcome .. being what you are deep inside your core , and for that, being gay is the first step to be welcome here ..

Hi! Welcome to the forums. [emoji4]

Again, Welcome to GaySpeak, @MisterLonely... Could you tell us a little bit about your circumstances? Now we know you come from a conservative family (religiously conservative? ) and that you have siblings. Which number are you in the kid line, then? How did you figure out you were gay?

Hi MisterLonely, there is an old proverb that says "for a man to have a friend, he must show himself friendly". How do you expect other people to know you if you don't talk to them. Often that means you will have to initiate the conversation and not wait for them.
Also, in your other thread, you mentioned that you never plan to come out, so your classmates obviously wouldn't know that about you.
Take a chance with people and be friendly. Some won't be interested but others will be.

It's good that you are here to vent and open up about things. Perhaps it will be the first step toward real life friendships.

Now, tell us about yourself.

Hey. Welcome to the forum!

MisterLonely Wrote:Hi... I'm new.

I'm very socially awkward in real life. I've been known as the quiet guy in class who barely talks unless spoken to first. But like... people don't really know me. In their mind, they think I'm all shy and innocent, but deep down there's so much about me that they don't know. Heck, they don't even know that I'm gay!

Anyways, I'm glad the internet exists. At least I can use it as an outlet to express my inner thoughts and emotions...

Sounds just like me. Well here's my advice if you're worried about your social anxiety and want to start change it. It is probably not going to what you want to do but exposure therapy. It is the best and one of the more effective ways to get you mingling with people...because I doubt you're as awkward as you are shy. Nothing wrong with that... I missed every school dance, prom all that when I was growing up. I'm still not the most outgoing but I feel better, I talk more and I enjoy talking to people more.

So exposure therapy...don't think of it as therapy just think of it as doing a few things you normally wouldn't do, just don't over do it...that can be worse. Find what works for you. There are people who are just fine eating alone at a restaurant, I'm not one of them. So it kind of has to be something you would enjoy... go out with friends things like that. It takes times, years probably...you'll slowly grow out of it... Although I suppose other people take more or less time and for that matter you might not change but at any rate embrace who you are.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Welcome to GS

Hey, at least you replied to people when they talked, I just bolted out of there.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

I will welcome you too on board Wavey

Hi welcome to GS Smile
An eye for an eye