Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a socially awkward gay guy.
MisterLonely Wrote:Hi... I'm new.

I'm very socially awkward in real life. I've been known as the quiet guy in class who barely talks unless spoken to first. But like... people don't really know me. In their mind, they think I'm all shy and innocent, but deep down there's so much about me that they don't know. Heck, they don't even know that I'm gay!

Anyways, I'm glad the internet exists. At least I can use it as an outlet to express my inner thoughts and emotions...

It's interesting. The way you describe yourself is much how I would have described myself at your age. (Ancient history.) The thing is, although I remain a fairly introverted person IRL, and am somewhat socially awkward even now, I'm not *nearly* as much as I was when I was younger. I began "growing out of it" around age 25. It did mean taking some (reasonable) risks, too. Just not letting my 'fear' stop me from doing stuff I wanted to do.

Yeah, I wish I'd had the internet around... I think it would have made a big difference. The nice thing about it is you can remain fairly anonymous and still interact virtually interact with people. Maybe gain a bit of confidence and some social skills.

But there's no substitute for IRL experience, though. IDK where you live but, although it is somewhat dependent on location, all in all, people are far more accepting of homos than they've ever been. Little by little you can begin to let yourself out of your closet. It really is safer now than its ever been for us.

Sounds pretty much like me too.
Welcome to GS Smile

Hey welcome to GS.

Ah I was like that for a while, but even now I havent got to many close friends. I just cant seem to be bothered by the small talk and all the other politics groups of friends have.

Ty all for the welcomes!