Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I'm not a homophobe, but . . ."
" . . . gay people are second class citizens."

Read all about it: Matt Barkley, USC quarterback, Tweets that he is against equality for gay Americans

People just don't know when to shut it. Too bad I deleted my twitter or I could view his tweets and the responses.

Well what can you expect, they get into college because of their ability to throw a ball.

alone the division of people into different classes makes this Guy to a man of the last class...

"I'm not a heterophobe, but straight people like that piss me off!"

"he’s just standing up for his belief that gay people are second class citizens."
I doubt he said he thought they were second class citizens, I think that who ever wrote the artical might of stretched the truth.(He may of just said he doesn't think gay people should have the right to marry, so the writer could "assume" he beleaves gays are second class citizens and put that in the article to draw more attention to his article.)

But if he DID say that...then Grrr:mad:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I don't have a hard time believing that's what actually was said. Stupidity does tend to run rampant in the human raceWink

Mick

He didn't say that. Just said he's expressing his opinion. He's just one of the hundreds of millions of Americans that is against gay marriage. Wish that weren't the case, but it is.

Shaking my head over Matt's decision to share his opinion with the public. I'm [COLOR="red"]not against freedom of speech, I'm just standing up for my belief that my sexual orientation doesn't warrant being labeled a second class citizen by a first class idiot. [/COLOR]

This sounds like a cop-out, but I'm from the south and I'm completely used to this way of thinking.

Straight men who play football usually aren't the biggest advocates of gay rights. The most I expect out of people is indifference. 'Well, what you do is your buissness, but personally I think its gross. Oh, and you wanna marry?!'

Progress is slow.

Haha straight men here (In new zealand) are all very different. I have some awesome hetero friends!