Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sure you've heard this a lot.
There's a straight guy I'm friends with. When we would hang out he would hit on me a lot, or so I thought. Long story short I confronted him on it, and he says he's just being nice. Which was fine; he was cool about it, and we're still friends. Then I end up introducing him to my best friend, and she tells me that she thinks hes gay too. Although, I had never mentioned to her that I thought he was and that whole story. Now I don't know what to think again. I don't know if it would do me good to keep hanging out with him. Should I try to bring it up in conversation again with him; stop hanging out with him so much; or just ignore it and keep hanging out with him?

You confronted him once, he says he is being nice...IE I'm not gay...You have to take peoples word when they disclose their sexuality and not speculate, that does no one any favours.

Do not confront him again and be glad that you have a self confessed hetero mate that accepts you and is a great friend.

Yeah, I needed to hear that... thanks.

You're more than welcome Wink

Yeah I have unfortunately made the same mistake as well. Sexuality shouldn't be so mysterious to us, we should take the others word. Otherwise you just get hurt, and sooo many times do us gay men try and create something that isn't there.

I know that I am not comfortable enough with my sexuality yet to go out there, to come out and tell people I'm gay, and find someone. You gotta find someone else dude, its the only way unfortunately.

It sounds like my position, only I don't have the guts to even smile at him Smile

I've done the same thing, its best to not mention it again. Lesson learned on my part.