Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think my Dog sent me a sign!
My dog just died a couple of weeks ago. I lost my buddy and now I feel like a part of me is missing. I have had him for 10 years. I remember my mom bringing him home when I was 16 and he was a puppy. He was a Boxer and had long legs that he could barely walk on and a bright pink area around his nose that was so cute. I remember coming out of the house not expecting anything and I came around the corner and there he was and he looked up at me and I was so excited and he came running over to me right away and I started petting him and he was just so sweet. Anyway, After his passing The next day i took my clients to this flea Market they wanted to go to. When we got out of the car I seen off in the distance this guy had his dog there with him and he was a boxer. Me and my clients stopped at a tent to look at some things and I heard way off in the distance the guy tell his dog to stay. The Dog set down and the owner took his leash off. The dog seemed well behaved. All of a sudden i see the dog stand up and turn around and calmly walk off and in and out of peoples legs and the owner kept yelling at him to come back. The dog was in no rush from the owner and just kept walking away slowly. The dog then came over to me and stopped right next to me and leaned his whole body against my leg. This shocked me. Out of all the people the dog could have went to he came to me and he had to walk a ways to get to me.Also when my dog was alive every sense he was little when i would arrive home he would come running up and lean his whole body on my leg and i would bend over and pet him. So I'm assuming that was a sign from him which was amazing.

aww thats to sweet

I feel what you are saying. In 1998 My Blue Healer, Gremlin, passed away after a short battle with cancer at age 13 1/2, she was the best dog I ever had. In all my years I have never lived in a house without a dog, and even though the greif was raw, a week later I went and bought a new 8 week old Blue Healer pup, Tiggy, she chose me.

To set the scene, Gremlin's kennel was under the house and a pretty obscure and quiet location, you wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it.

I bought Tiggy home and put her in the backyard, without hestiation she bolted round to the opposite side of the house and disappeared, I remember thinking 'She hasn't!', but sure as shit, when I followed her I found her curled up in Gremlin's kennel on Gremlin's bed with her eyes closed. I couldn't help thinking that the spirit of Gremlin had somehow found Tiggy, I didn't know weather to smile or cry, I did both.

I still can't believe that within 30 seconds of getting Tiggy home, she went straight to Gremlin's kennel as if she always knew it was there, but then it is moments like this that I experienced and what you also experience Blake, that we find comfort and just know that our dearly loved friends are happy and somehow still with us.

Thank you for sharing your story, I love stories like this, because there is nothing more pure and beautiful than the bond between man and his pet ;-)

dogs are keen for body language and scent and thing we dont see.

I hear what your saying , and I am so sorry for the loss of your best buddy.
It is so sweet that this dog knew what you needed , i think your dog was sending you a hug.
I lost Justice my siberian husky , a month ago , it really ripped my heart out.
My sons shitzu Abby did not leave my side for weeks , it was so very touching .

dfiant Wrote:I feel what you are saying. In 1998 My Blue Healer, Gremlin, passed away after a short battle with cancer at age 13 1/2, she was the best dog I ever had. In all my years I have never lived in a house without a dog, and even though the greif was raw, a week later I went and bought a new 8 week old Blue Healer pup, Tiggy, she chose me.

To set the scene, Gremlin's kennel was under the house and a pretty obscure and quiet location, you wouldn't know it was there unless you were looking for it.

I bought Tiggy home and put her in the backyard, without hestiation she bolted round to the opposite side of the house and disappeared, I remember thinking 'She hasn't!', but sure as shit, when I followed her I found her curled up in Gremlin's kennel on Gremlin's bed with her eyes closed. I couldn't help thinking that the spirit of Gremlin had somehow found Tiggy, I didn't know weather to smile or cry, I did both.

I still can't believe that within 30 seconds of getting Tiggy home, she went straight to Gremlin's kennel as if she always knew it was there, but then it is moments like this that I experienced and what you also experience Blake, that we find comfort and just know that our dearly loved friends are happy and somehow still with us.

Thank you for sharing your story, I love stories like this, because there is nothing more pure and beautiful than the bond between man and his pet ;-)

Awwww, I am sorry to hear bout your dog also. Wow! that is so amazingConfusedmile: that she went straight to the Kennel. Animals I believe do have a heighten sense and just as much power as we do when we are to pass over. Their just as important as us.

Rainbowmum Wrote:I hear what your saying , and I am so sorry for the loss of your best buddy.
It is so sweet that this dog knew what you needed , i think your dog was sending you a hug.
I lost Justice my siberian husky , a month ago , it really ripped my heart out.
My sons shitzu Abby did not leave my side for weeks , it was so very touching .

I'm sorry to hear about your lose. I know the feeling of feeling like your heart was ripped out. We know their in a much better place though.Confusedmile:

Hello,
Im sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.... From experience with my nans dog that died a few days after he left a puddle appeared in the corner of the kitchen wehere he died and that showed he was safe and made it and never appeared again... When i lived in a rented household with the landlord and others the landlord had a collie who died and i would regularly see the dog from the corner of my eye pass the door and landing and did this when i moved an ornament but once it was put back the dog was not seen often as was happy so we vovwed never to move it again.... Dogs are always by their masters side... He will always be at yours and one thing ive learnt in life is cherish everything you have today for tomorrow it may not be there

Kindest regards and deepest sympathies

Zeon x

zeon Wrote:Hello,
Im sorry to hear about the loss of your dog.... From experience with my nans dog that died a few days after he left a puddle appeared in the corner of the kitchen wehere he died and that showed he was safe and made it and never appeared again... When i lived in a rented household with the landlord and others the landlord had a collie who died and i would regularly see the dog from the corner of my eye pass the door and landing and did this when i moved an ornament but once it was put back the dog was not seen often as was happy so we vovwed never to move it again.... Dogs are always by their masters side... He will always be at yours and one thing ive learnt in life is cherish everything you have today for tomorrow it may not be there

Kindest regards and deepest sympathies

Zeon x

Thank you for sharing. So sweet. Yeah, I have a friend who had lost his dog also and after they kept seeing the dog out of the corner of their eye. I havent seen my dog out of the corner of my eye but, thats ok. I think that dog coming up to me and getting that sign was strong enough. It was like a hug from my dog. I wanted to bend down and pet the dog to let him know I was thankful but, I knew if I did I would start crying and there were too many people their for me to start crying LOL!Confusedmile: