Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think my family hates me...
I just got the courage to do it. i got in! i'm so happy. Happy

I really thought this was my last hope and it came through. i applied for the summer session because i wanted to leave as soon as possible. I haven't even told anybody yet, i want this to simmer a little, lol!

Congratulations! ... but don't look at this school as your only option or way out. It's but one of many steps to your mental and physical freedom.

chibigiraffe Wrote:I just got the courage to do it. i got in! i'm so happy. Happy

I really thought this was my last hope and it came through. i applied for the summer session because i wanted to leave as soon as possible. I haven't even told anybody yet, i want this to simmer a little, lol!

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

I know that you and your family communicate on different levels, because the same thing happens with me and my family. I tried to talk to them, express my feelings, reason with them... I tried yelling, fighting, silent treatments.. Nothing WORKED!!!! They just cannot understand me hence I know what you're going through... Now, it is up to you whether you wanna try to reach a compromised level in order to communicate with them or just leave and still be in touch with them and try to keep visiting them every once in a while or never look back again... Sometimes, it is the fact that you live with them that causes this... I know with my family, they would give me more attention if I was away which is totally messed up!

Oh and, family doesn't stop at people from the same blood. You can always go fetch your own family from friends and loved ones who love you for you and communicate with you. Listen to you and take care of you like you do with them.

Xoxoxoxo

chibigiraffe Wrote:I just got the courage to do it. i got in! i'm so happy. Happy
Very happy for you [MENTION=22088]chibigiraffe[/MENTION] ; so… tell us more about this program!

Congrats. Now. Time to move on and not dwell on your family or church life.

I fear that sometimes you may dwell on others' reactions to you too much. Focus on the what matters.

Your education and being at peace with your own self.

Oh. And getting laid.

MikeW Wrote:Very happy for you [MENTION=22088]chibigiraffe[/MENTION] ; so… tell us more about this program!

thanks. it's an engineering program. i want to major in computer, maybe a concentration in hardware, not completely syy sure yet. but this will definetely get me going in thw right direction.

Rareboy Wrote:Congrats. Now. Time to move on and not dwell on your family or church life.

I fear that sometimes you may dwell on others' reactions to you too much. Focus on the what matters.

Your education and being at peace with your own self.

Oh. And getting laid.

yeah, i know that i worry too much about other people's opinions of me. i didn't always use to be this way though. i was very carefree and energetic when i was young, but once i started having feelings for other guys and started getting bullied and stuff, i restrained a lot of myself in order to not get negative attention.

verysimple Wrote:I know that you and your family communicate on different levels, because the same thing happens with me and my family. I tried to talk to them, express my feelings, reason with them... I tried yelling, fighting, silent treatments.. Nothing WORKED!!!! They just cannot understand me hence I know what you're going through... Now, it is up to you whether you wanna try to reach a compromised level in order to communicate with them or just leave and still be in touch with them and try to keep visiting them every once in a while or never look back again... Sometimes, it is the fact that you live with them that causes this... I know with my family, they would give me more attention if I was away which is totally messed up!

Oh and, family doesn't stop at people from the same blood. You can always go fetch your own family from friends and loved ones who love you for you and communicate with you. Listen to you and take care of you like you do with them.

Xoxoxoxo

so right! i've tried communicating everyway i could also. i even tried changing myself in order to fit in with my own family, but i hated how i was. so now i'm trying to find myself again. i am currently going through the whole "silent treatment" thing with my family now in order to find some inner peace... but i don't even think they notice it...

chibigiraffe Wrote:i am currently going through the whole "silent treatment" thing with my family now in order to find some inner peace... but i don't even think they notice it...

If this is how they are, then these people are not your family. They are your biological acquaintances! People miss the definition of the term "family" that they think it is people of the same blood. That's wrong in my opinion. I've heard about people from same blood ruining each other lives for their own self-indulgent benefits... Like I mentioned.. Family can be established with people you surround yourself with who love you and support you and accept you for who you are!

chibigiraffe Wrote:yeah, i know that i worry too much about other people's opinions of me. i didn't always use to be this way though. i was very carefree and energetic when i was young, but once i started having feelings for other guys and started getting bullied and stuff, i restrained a lot of myself in order to not get negative attention.

so right! i've tried communicating everyway i could also. i even tried changing myself in order to fit in with my own family, but i hated how i was. so now i'm trying to find myself again. i am currently going through the whole "silent treatment" thing with my family now in order to find some inner peace... but i don't even think they notice it...

Time to not let everyone else define your happiness or success.

If you want to be silent...then be quiet but polite...otherwise they'll all take it as being sullen and it will only make things worse. Just try to put space between you and everyone else who might be engaging in a negative way with you and focus on positive social interactions and planning for your future.