Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC Comics issues "DC Pride"
I don't know how many of you all read comic books as kids, I surely did.

If there were books like this when I was a kid, I may have felt better about myself.

For pride month, DC Comics (home of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League) has released an anthology called "DC Pride".

The 80 page trade paper back is a collection of stories, all starring the LGBTQIA super heroes of the DC universe.   The stories are written and drawn by LGBTQIA writers and artists.

[Image: hl1bjWU.png]
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 2 members Like CellarDweller's post:
  • andy, Bhp91126

“The Wrong Side of the Looking Glass” by James Tynion IV, Trung Le Nguyen and Aditya Bidikar:

This story stars Batwoman (now a character on TV) and deals with her growing up as a young lesbian.

[Image: wJzmwIS.png]

“By the Victors” by Steve Orlando, Stephen Byrne and Josh Reed:

This story stars skilled fighter Midnighter, and wizard Extraño (both gay) as they take on Dracula.  There is also an appearance of DC character John Constantine, also a wizard, and portrayed as bisexual.

[Image: rlRcVhx.png]

“Try the Girl” by Vita Ayala, Skylar Patridge, José Villarrubia and Ariana Maher:

This story stars Renee Montoya (The Question).  Renee was an police officer, but exposed as a lesbian and resigned.  She now fights crime in Gotham like Batman.  She takes on a group of criminals to rescue a woman that she is then attracted to.

[Image: 0FvmBrG.png]

“Another Word for a Truck to Move Your Furniture” by Mariko Tamaki, Amy Reeder, Marissa Louise and Ariana Maher:

This story stars the "anti-heroes" of Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn.  I can't say what it's about, I didn't read it, I don't like these two characters.

Laugh

[Image: qq7rfVZ.png]

“He’s the Light of My Life” by Sam Johns, Klaus Janson, Dave McCaig and Tom Napolitano:

This story stars the original Green Lantern  (Alan Scott) and his son Todd (Obsidian).  In this story, Todd and his partner have a brunch date set up, and Todd is introducing his partner to his dad (Green Lantern) who has just recently come out as gay.

[Image: zARolWB.png]

“Clothes Makeup Gift” by Danny Lore, Lisa Sterle, Enrica Eren Angiolini and Becca Carey:

The story stars Jess Chambers (a female version of the Flash) who has to fight a villain named Reflek, who attacks as Jess is on her way to a date with her girlfriend.

[Image: 22zPZWm.png]

“Be Gay, Do Crimes” by Sina Grace, Ro Stein & Ted Brandt and Aditya Bidikar:

This story stars Pied Piper and Drummer Boy, a pair of gay heroes who are out to stop a property manager from raising the rents in his buildings located in the gay section of town.

[Image: 9MvxPfW.png]

“Love Life” by Andrew Wheeler, Luciano Vecchio, Rain Beredo and Becca Carey:

This story stars Aqualad, as he attends his first pride parade after coming out.  However, the parade is attacked by a super villain who will feed off the internalized anger of the attendees.

[Image: AL2UxaZ.png]

The quality of the comic drawing is far higher than most . What I’d really like to see is a comic series illustrating queer history from Ancient Greece, through the middle ages, Renaissance, 18th Century up to the birth of the Gay Liberation Front in the 1970’s with an emphasis on religion’s role. Am I asking too much? 
One thing I’m sure of is whoever drew ‘DC Pride’ would have the artistic skills to carry it off.

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/2017...sex-desire
The Human Race is Insane.