Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want this so Bad!!!!
[Image: tumblr_mzq5mxbkvG1sj30cko1_500.jpg]

In our farmhouse, we have a library on the second floor hallway landing... with shleving 18 feet in length, but only 8 feet to the ceiling....in the basement we have another bank of bookshelves the same length but only 7 feet to the underside of a wood beam. Each has 9 rows of shelving....in my office I have another 30 feet of shelving, 8 feet to the top shelf....and in a couple of years...when I retire, I will need to have a place to move all of the great art, architecture design and history works from in town out to the farm.

This is what I should do. It would be beyond perfect.

Except for when I'm 80

and need the book from the top shelf.

That looks cool!

I need something like that as well.

Just do it !!! if that's what you want for the future then make it happen when the time comes - and by the time your 80 maybe we will have an iRobot to get to the top shelf Smile only just got into reading for certain reasons in the last few years and im going through books at a good rate - maybe need a lovely book case like that myself soon

damn, I'd never be able to read any of the books on any shelves higher than my head.

LOL

I'm afraid of heights.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

i need to come visit your library, [MENTION=21495]Rareboy[/MENTION].

i prefer a separate study/library for my books, and that's what i want get done in the future. except photobooks. i have a lot of photobooks of males (nude and non-nude male photography), also nature photography, etc, and those belong on the tabletop in the living room or somewhere not on the book shelf.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Want! I now have so many cookbooks that they have spilled into the back seat of my car.
I bid NO Trump!

...or... you could put them all in your pocket.

[Image: USB_flash_drive.png]

Downsize......

Borg69 Wrote:...or... you could put them all in your pocket.

i'm not ever substituting real books for electronic code. for one, books are way more comfortable/easy to read. when i need to find something from a book i've read i know approximately where it was, toward the beginning, end, or middle, and whether it was on the right page or the left. i can also scan multiple pages in different parts of the book at once and quickly compare/look through them. on the digital version i can only look at one page at a time. and scanning through it takes forever.

two, flash drives are generally reliable, but they can get corrupt and lose data never to be retrieved again. i don't trust any electronic storage medium more than i trust paper.

and books are assets. like watches, cars, CD albums. they are valuable. a digital file is not an asset. i like things to have actual physical substance to them.
''Do I look civilized to you?''