Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to die...
as someone who has struggled with depression my whole life, and have considered checking out. the only thing I would say would be that getting professional help helped me and is probably the reason I am still here. you may not click with the first therapist you meet, but stick with it because more than likely you will find someone who you can relate to. I would throw my two cents in, try to get out of the house and take a walk, exercise creates endorphins. make sure you are getting plenty of sleep, try to eat healthy and not too much junk. these things may sound obvious but when I was in the worst days I really wasn't taking care of myself physically and I felt a hell of a lot better when I started to. the other thing is, if on the off chance that things will get better, don't you deserve to at least find out?

Yes, that is precious advice, Rover: Don't you deserve to at least find out if things will get better?

ManicLewis21 Wrote:As brutal as it sounded I only intend for the best. He needs to blurt it out. He has to get to the point, esp. if he's feeling suicidal. There is no time to beat around the bush. He obviously wants to get something off his chest and i think he should. I came to his thread to help him and I am just a tad upset i cant even say anything meaningful because he has failed to provide me with a problem. I saw it had no replies and I'm not about to leave it alone, because i think saying nothing is one of the worst crimes esp. when you want to help. I need to know the problem. We need to know the problem.

Hi Lewis, I know what you meant and wanted to do. It's also nice that you found the thread and answered it when it had been abandoned for several hours.
Just be careful next time. This may work for people who are confident. Not the ones who already feel down.

TheRomantic Wrote:I feel like ive really screwed up this time, I dont feel like saying with what because its really personal, but im really depressed because of how much of an idiot i feel, it makes me feel like i want to die...any advice on helping me put this depression behind me?

So, I guess you did something wrong. Can it be "undone"? If you hurt somebody, can you apologize? Explain it? Make it up to somebody?
Try to remember it as a memento so that you would avoid getting into this mess again.
And also remember that if you left, you would certainly screw up again - hurting more people. Even if you may not feel like it now, there are people who would miss you. Remybussi

Come more often to the forum and stay in touch with us.

TheRomantic Wrote:I feel like ive really screwed up this time, I dont feel like saying with what because its really personal, but im really depressed because of how much of an idiot i feel, it makes me feel like i want to die...any advice on helping me put this depression behind me?

We all make mistakes, and all of us have made some really bad mistakes when we were teenagers, but with the lack of life experience what happens is in our minds we make the problem much bigger than it actually is.

Whatever you have done is nothing more than a learning experience, so learn from it. Apologize if it is appropriate and then put that smile on your face and move forward. When you screw up again, go to the top of my reply and reread.

I say 'when' and not 'if' because it is inevitable you will make more mistakes because all of us that have been on this earth a lot longer are STILL making mistakes Wink

Dearest, Darling Romantic ~

Sometimes when it's bad, we feel like it might be easier if we can bounce it off someone we don't already know so well and spare our self and our friends until we're more ready and able to fall into those familiar arms. Also, when it's something that's hard to spit out on the boards, PM'ing someone first might make that easier too.
So, I'm a perfect stranger with enough posts to use PM's Smile Smile Smile ? and I'm gonna check this thing frequently today in case.....I have a lot of physical health experience too, in case it's something physical and personal you could use 2cents on.
But generally speaking - I've snooped around here and you enough to see that these folks are right - you really are kinda beautiful and WELL WORTH anyone's time and giving yourself a break and a chance.
Praying that whatever it is, Mum will just snap her fingers and you'll win a prize! Smile

Regards to the regardable! (ie You..)

Walt

I was starting to get over my depression but it just went over the edge and into the abyss after what just happened....i dont have the will to do anything anymore, i feel 100% melancholic

Being melancholic is preatty dangerous, i laugh at danger when i feel melancholic tho. Sharp things, fast cars and high bridges suddenly becomes more tempting. At those moments, if i can, i am dragging myself into a not caring, always laughing personality. Make fun of everything, do crazy stuff, i dance around people in those momentsBig Grin look at your hands, bugs.. i don't know anything that will distract you. So far it worked for me and im thinking about doing that until i can breath again. (People thinks i'm crazy tho :/, but than again; who cares! )

Doll, I really want to help but it's tough to do without more info. I know you said it's personal, so if you don't want to share with me or anyone here that's fine. But you need to talk to somebody. The worst thing you can do is try to handle this on your own. I know we've only chatted a few times in the room & we don't know each other that well, but you seem like a sweet kid and I'd hate like hell for anything bad to happen to you.

Thanks brit..

And my mind has been telling me that to many times, rumble..i was getting some food between this and my last post, thinking maybe some food can take my mind off it...but when i opened a drawer to get a fork, i saw the knives and i felt like someone/thing was telling me "Do it, you can end all this now if you just do it"

Romantic, please don't go anywhere near those knives then... or get some food when someone else is in the kitchen. We all care for you here. Don't let the boogie man get the better of you.