Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I won't come out where I live
What's the use? People I know are narrow minded and would only be jerks about it. I'll be the real me once I move away soon. Why tell my loser friends. Coming out only makes things worse here.

I live in the bible belt and I'm totally open about my sexuality. Can't say I've ever had a problem because of it. I think a lot of people appreciate the honesty. They already know that a lot of guys are in the closet. I suppose they think if I'm honest about that then I'm probably a pretty honest person. I dunno.

You come out when you're comfortable with it, if ever. It's your life.

That's similiar to what i thought about the small town where i used to live. They not very accepting of gay people. So, I never came out there and probably never will. You can wait to come out until you move away, there's nothing wrong with that.

There is no rule saying you have to come out, especially when you don't feel comfortable and secure about coming out.

When you do come out, you are going to need support, and by the sounds of it you wouldn't have it right now and you shouldn't come out.

You will know when the time is right, no need to rush Wink

my thoughts... im planning to move away from all my family before i come out.

I agree with the rest. You shouldn't feel forced to come out. Come out when you are ready. Mark your own time.

You have no reason to come out to these people. You obviously don't plan to spend your life around them, so telling or not telling them will make no difference. The only people who need to know you are gay are the people you want to involve in your personal life.

No one can force anyone to come out.....I hate "outing", I believe that practice only pushes people back further into the closet.

When you feel the time is right, you'll come out.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Moving is always a good way to get a fresh start. I'm in awe of people who can live in the same place their entire lives, but I'm stricken with a terminal case of wanderlust.

So I wander and I lust. I recommend it.

Smile