Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISIS and gays. (Very distressing reading)
Why my own father would have let IS kill me

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33565055
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

i am wondering when those people will finally have had enough and organize an uprising/revolution in that region. or will they continue to take shit forever?

refugee status and escaping the country, yes, that is a solution for single individuals separately. but that whole region needs to undergo an enlightened reform. people need to start standing up for themselves and fighting back. there is no other way around that.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

As a gay man...I cannot support any country whose citizens say they believe in and want Sharia Law...when it includes horrific treatment of women..and children..and gays...including death!!!!!!!

If I was gay in one of those countries...I would be grateful as fuck to know my gay brothers and sisters and allies around the world were trying to help....or that they at least gave a fuck...that they cared...that they didn't pretend it wasn't happening....

...but unfortunately..the help has to start at the source...and the "moderates" need to stand up . If Islam is the "religion of peace"...SHOW ME...OWN THOSE WORDS.....

Same with Christians and their "message of love"....and pretending they don't see so many of their leaders and what they advocate..LOVE isn't on the fucking menu. Why is it that non Christians have to stand up to them...and constantly point it out?

Interesting how fundies say we need religion to teach us morality and that if gays are allowed to wed that pedophiles will be marrying children (despite the inability to give legal consent). Yet where are adult men most likely to legally marry prepubescent girls? Same countries that kill gays! (This also includes some Christian nations and factions in Africa, btw, not just Islamic states.) Meanwhile, countries like Canada that allow gays equality are typically very harsh on any form of child exploitation or pedophilia (that is if some "moral" man brought over his preteen bride he legally married in his own country for a honeymoon in Canada he'd be on the fast track to prison.)

Ironic that Christian fundies want to "save children" by turning back the social clock...you know, to when kids married (sometimes in shotgun weddings) as a matter of course and even Edgar Allen Poe, at age 26, married his 13-year-old first cousin! (Btw, many states that amended their constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman, or even to deny civil unions still allow first cousins to marry and have children.)

"Peace" and "Love" is subjective, imaginary, and abstract.
The gay man's mother had what could arguably be called love in that she was instinctively driven to protect her own son, but his father is just as loving - out of his love for the rest of his family, he had to prevent his son from possibly corrupting his other family members, and he needed to avoid God causing fire and brimstone to rain down upon his entire neighborhood.
There is no hope for humanity. We are all doomed. Hatred will reign forever.

Evil is evil,, doesn't matter how well it is deceptively cloaked under religious dogma, or political haze,,,,etc. This special brand of evil takes root where ever ignorance and stupidity are allowed to go unchecked by the society it is occurring in.

The Muslim religious extremist are killing gay people in the name of Allah. I hope these extremist live a miserable & short existence on this earth. They contribute nothing of value to the human race or their religion.
We Have Elvis !!

Pix Wrote:Interesting how fundies say we need religion to teach us morality and that if gays are allowed to wed that pedophiles will be marrying children (despite the inability to give legal consent).

Ironic that Christian fundies want to "save children" by turning back the social clock...

it's all for show. their arguments don't stem from any rational train of thought. it's just an endless loop of nonsense. that's all they have left. and it's not like anybody else needs saving these days. organizing a religious crusade is out of the question with the Western civilizations. Europe doesn't need saving. women don't need saving (not like the religions ever even advocated that). they have nothing left to speak up about anymore. the human progress outscored religion. it's obvious. christianity is at its end. and it is desperately clinging on to what little they have left.

and it might as well rename itself ''antihomosexuality''. why bother keeping up the facade? nowadays nobody abides by the bible anymore, except that one passage.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Omg... Sick

My first love, fighting against their horror, holding his guns, kissing me goodbye before a mission. I will die before any harm comes to him. (guess I'll have to make a thread all about him, don't know why)

And that is one more nightmare I have to handle.

Dammit, my mind is already intoxicated with daily atrocities, and now reading this...

Do me a favor, erase the world "religion" and all its derivatives from every dictionary.

I am getting to the point I'm disappointed with the entire human race for not cutting off and destroying these animals who kill just to kill.

I saw this article at another site-- it made me physically ill. It shouldn't have been surprising I suppose, given the videos of ISIS and other radical groups sawing heads off of captured prisoners. The reality of the article and the horror it evokes manage to bring home more of this sad cult's fanatical and absolute devotion to a religion based at its root in hate and intolerance.

There is no way I can come close in imagination to the actual experience of being pushed over the edge of a building to face my death by those who feel superior, who hate and absolve themselves through religious faith. I may not know half the terror by imagining it, but that doesn't stop me from the helplessness and horror of re-enacting the act in my mind before I fall asleep, whether I want it or not, or the nightmare it causes afterward. I cling to the idea that as awful as this makes me feel, it also strongly reminds me that people with whom I share a single harmless trait are being tortured and brutally murdered.

I saw an interview several months ago (Bill Maher? Maybe, I can't remember...) during which the point that Muslim's keep trying to make about the religion being perverted into something other than its basis in peace and love came under scrutiny. The interviewer posited that the point might be taken seriously if there were any scrap of evidence that there was a group of individuals taking action in country and pointing out a more evolved, less brutal approach to the religion. The article Virge linked here at GS about the murder of gay people illustrates the consequence at what they perceive as depravity, never mind openly speaking out against the very basis of the Muslim faith. A large majority of its believers give unyielding support to this backward notion. We should call these proponents of the peace and love faction of Muslim religion what they are: Muslim apologists. These people who claim that the Muslim religion is based at its core in peace and love are completely overlooking the example and word of the Qur'an.
Quote:The Qur'an never once speaks of Allah's love for non-Muslims, but it speaks of Allah's cruelty toward and hatred of non-Muslims more than 500 times.
TheReligionofPeace?

Frankly, Christian apologists are no better. They espouse the rhetoric cherry picked from the Bible rather than all the bits that they are ashamed of shouting from the roof top. Most of us know this hypocrisy from the infamous book of Leviticus.

Quote:Leviticus is a funny book for modern Christians. Along with Deuteronomy and swathes of Exodus and Numbers, it lays out the Law for the Israelites. But it’s largely ignored by modern Christians because it’s felt that Jesus replaced the Law (except where He didn’t) and that Paul said a lot of it didn’t apply (except for the parts that did). And for all of that, many are still willing to cite Leviticus for things that they think are sinful, while ignoring it for things they don’t.

Things Banned In Leviticus

While Christians (most of them anyway) have evolved and as result are not beheading people or throwing gay people from the Freedom Tower, they must also be held to the same standard and labeled as Christian apologists.

Quote: Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
-Authorized King James Version

Quote: Matthew 10:34-37
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.
37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
-English Standard Version Anglicised (ESVUK)

Why Christians are Cruel to Non-Believers
(I think I remember Virge posting this link in a different post concerning why the Catholic church is dieing, and if that is the case due diligence to him for providing me the reading. It is worth the time to read.)

My point here is not to hijack this thread and read the riot act to Christians or to class them in the same breath as radical Muslims. I merely attempt to point out that many learned people have been forced to re-evaluate their faith by means of common sense, societal pressure, the final acknowledgement of any given holy text's inconsistencies from one passage to another and one book to the next, or science which has sometimes conclusively pointed out the fallacies of those who adamantly believe in Christian parable and dogma as fact. Religious people who are stubbornly willfully immutable, or explain away sections of the Bible by virtue of some new realized age of enlightenment via a new prophet or Pope, must be labeled as Christian apologists. They pertinaciously ignore the words of sacred text while desperately holding onto the faith of the sections they find palatable. Even worse, they inflict their faulty belief systems on other people, pushing irrational tenets of their faith into systems of government and law.

Christians should never forget the bloody past of its own history. The Crusades, which have no doubt biased Muslims against Catholics to this day, took the lives of some estimated 1 to 3 millions people.

I'm not excusing the horrific present day actions by radically religious sects who kill without guilt and who feel justified in their actions. As I said at the onset of this tome, upon reading what ISIS is doing to LGBT people in their midst made me physically ill. It isn't hard to send me in the spiral of depression and this report easily sent me into the black.

As pessimistic as it sounds I agree with Virge.
Virge Wrote:I am getting to the point I'm disappointed with the entire human race for not cutting off and destroying these animals who kill just to kill.

I'd go even further I think.

Most of the rest of the world didn't stand by for the atrocities of World War II, and there is an arguable similarity between the cause of both horrors, then and now. I'm not sure when the idea of war became civilized. While the idea that innocent people may be killed during a war is utterly appalling, when faced with a government who embraces the ideology of selectively killing those individuals it finds undesirable on a mass scale, we must remember that innocent people are being killed now.

In addendum are those sympathizers of ISIS recruited here in the US and France (among others), meaning we also must remember that innocent people are not merely being killed in foreign lands, the hate has reached our shores. Eventually innocent people at home will not be felled by ISIS recruits with guns only, but rather larger and more deadly attacks. Gorilla style fighting and stealth attack have become vogue for terrorists. I am a proponent of police and intelligence detection. Past a certain point however, we must acknowledge that prevention is not curing the problem. Thoughtful discussion and diplomacy are not working or even an option. And while we merely attempt to fend off the attacks, people in the center of the storm are dieing in violent fashion.

Worse, for me the longer I live the more disillusioned I am with the entire human race. There beautiful exceptions to the horror, dishonesty, mismanagement of resource and wildlife by the intelligent custodians of Earth, murder, greed and mad scramble for power at any cost, but these beautiful exceptions are so few drops in the vast ocean of ugly reality.

Perhaps the answer isn't full scale war. War didn't seem to help when the twin towers fell. Then again, we were only attempting to wage a civilized war with a very uncivilized opponent. Welcome to the slippery slope.