Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ielts
So, in order to fulfill my dream of studying abroad I have to complete the IELTS language test with satisfactory results. Now, I rarely get nervous before taking an exam because if there's one thing I've always had really good control over in my life it's my studies. Also, unlike some other countries we don't have any "end of the year super-important exams that affect your future completely": in other words, the kind of pressure I feel now is all new to me.

My result in this test will very literally dictate my future and despite feeling comfortable speaking English, haven grown up with English all around me and never ever failing a test in English, I feel really fucking nervous about this. I was just wondering if anyone here has taken the exam and how they felt about it. Basically, I turn to the cyberworld to hold my hand and whisper re-assuring words while I shake neurotically.

Bro. Calm it. You're a smart guy. We talk all the time and your English is fine. It's better than mine most times. Just remember not to use American English and you'll be fine

Is it an oral test ?

If its written, i,ll say you,ll smash it, judging by what you write, its fluent and flawless. I presume you speak just as well, an accent i imagine, im sure it will be easier than you think.

I hope you take it before you move to scotland. :biggrin:

I agree your written English is great (better than mine!!) I'm sure your speaking will be great aswell!! Just try and stay calm!! Smile

Thanks everyone! I calmed down a bit after sleeping. I'll probably get nervous again on my way to the actual test but I think I feel a lot better about it now. Still, if anyone has taken it before I'd very much like to speak to them Smile

Thanks for your encouragement! Smile

My mum's friend has taken it before, and even with her rather broken english... (I just recently fixed her cover letter for a job in Korea that requires English and i can tell you it was a bit off) she got like a 6.5.

I'm like 100% sure you'll pass with flying colours.

Considering how BADLY people have mangled and prostituted the English language, as well as chopped it up and put it through a meat grinder..........

I would say you have NO problems at all. Aside from EXTREMELY MINOR grammar issues, you seem to have it pretty well covered.

You will not have any problems. I am sure you can "do it in your sleep".

Mister Tinkles will hold your hand anyway.......
[Image: cute-cat-holding-hand.jpg]

I concur with all of those above, Humbletangrine, your english is amazing, just relax and you will do fine, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Your English appears better than that of most people I know. I have very few doubts that you will pass with flying colors!

And Mister Tinkles, those cats are just so unbelievably fabulous… and adorable if I do say so myself!!!

Thanks guys! Your words have been really encouraging. I'll take the test in about 17 days and I feel a lot better about it now! Smile