Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could would you be a fun single person for life
I have been single for the last 9 years and I actually don't mind being single to be honest. Sure sometimes I get lonley but not as much you would imagine. I think that its all about how you deal with it and what you are happy doing. I find things to occupy my time to fill the void of not having a guy in my life. I love to ski in the winter on my days off so that fills that time during the winter and I am so busy at work that I am tired when I come home and I just chill.

In the summer I enjoy hiking and going off into the backcountry of wherever I am working so that fills that time as well and I make some friends of the places that I go to. I mean when I was out I had lots of sex and did my share of messing around. To be honest I masturbate I am okay with that and if people think that I am a loser because of this I am okay with that because I am happy and that is all that matters to me.

I don't sit around and think poor me because I don't have a boyfriend or that I am not in a relationship. I think it all depends on your attitude that you have and what you make out of life. I am sure if I really wanted a boyfriend that I could get one, but I have no interest.

"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies." - Aristotle

Actually, not just 2. Ah the fun times I recall from a Discordian cabal I used to belong to...I've lost contact with with 2 members, and I've drifted from one so we're close but not as close as we used to be (and we used to be lovers), and one is my BFF today (even giving up her relationship with her former BFF who is now an ex of mine and one of those I'm not in contact with anymore). But when we were together as a cabal it was so much fun and so sweet. I had a girlfriend then (one of the other members, and then hooking up with another later after) but I'd been happy with just our cabal. Now it's just me and my BFF, but we are so close. We both regret that she's 100% hetero as I consider her like my soul mate and she believes (and despairs) that I'm the only one she could ever live with (she has a terrible time with men).

Not at all. Ive been single my whole life and I dont like it. I want to just be able to snuggle with someone and share silence with them. Someone that loves me and someone that I love. The whole idea makes me warm and fuzzy inside. I want that story book romance with someone! I know I know, im lame, I get it lol

I wouldn't want to be friendless. If I was asexual and had no desire for sex, then I guess it wouldn't bother me since I wouldn't care!

But I think I need some people. Even if I was successful and happy professionally and had good friends, I think it might be lonely to forever live alone. So I dunno, I don't think I'd be single forever.

No way , he may not be my first love but he is my last one.

I won't lie there are days that I want to set him on fire , but I can't imagine life without him.

I guess it would depend on the circumstances. However I think life has a lot to offer, a lot more than any one person can experience. Having a (the right) partner would help make life easier, and most likely more fun.

Having said that, I'll not jump into a relationship due to being alone. Finding the right person, or being found by the right person may be a long wait, but I'll have to endure the loneliness from time to time until that day comes.

Lilitu Wrote:Given the choice, would you become single forever? Or even single and celibate or asexual?
Imagine all the fun you could have by yourself. Or imagine loneliness.

I think... Maybe I would, I think I'd want to be, if I were in total control asexual, single and successful at a personal level.
Although I'd want to have at least one friend. Mainly so it won't be weird eating at a reataurant or doing EVERYTHING by myself. Some things are a little more fun, but not necessarily better with a friend. Eg: going to a haunted house: more dun with friend, but better experience alone.

Well that was a long ramble.

Out of no choice of my own, I am presumably single for life as it is.
I would prefer to have one person there, but that hasnt happened.

I have found in my experiences with all sorts of couples' problems and issues, I think its prudent to have one (or a few) good, honest, loyal, close friends, than to be in a firm relationship status.

Contradictory, I know. But thats my answer.

Rainbowmum Wrote:No way , he may not be my first love but he is my last one.

Oh yes! Thumbgrin

Lilitu Wrote:Given the choice, would you become single forever? Or even single and celibate or asexual?
I've been single all my life as it is....and figure I probably will be forever
(same goes for celibate/asexual - unless JO counts)

Single forever? No.
Even If I were asexual, I think I'd still want intimacy with another person.