Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignorance of History
I just reached my office and I need to rant.

I was in a monorail station few minutes ago and I saw a young adult wearing a bright red t-shirt with a huge swastika symbol. He was on the other side of the station so I was unable to explain to him what's swastika is all about.

Last week I also saw another young guy wearing a swastika t-shirt. My first impression was WTF. It didn't occur to me to stop and explain to him though.

Few years ago, there was a local celebrity proudly wore a red swastika t-shirt during a film press conference. His photo was published in a newspaper. Not a single journalist pops the question, "What's with the stupidity?"

I hope this red swastika t-shirt will not become a fad amongst youngsters in here.

was it not this?

[Image: Hindu_swastika.png]

Or was it defiantly the Nazi symbol?

Definitely the Nazi's swastika.

[Image: Nazi_Swastika.svg]

OMG! I pray this does not become a fad among the young ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

The swastika has a checkered history from Ancient Greece to Korea, including Buddism.

Shame the Nazi's corrupted it.

I wonder what the reaction would be if that young adult was wearing the swastika in Britain????
Peepwall

Almac Wrote:I wonder what the reaction would be if that young adult was wearing the swastika in Britain????
Peepwall

Someone like Prince Harry?

Hey Daz I forgot about that incident, but then Royalty can get away with that sort of thing...!

Invasion

Almac Wrote:Hey Daz I forgot about that incident, but then Royalty can get away with that sort of thing...!

Didn't he receive a bit of flak from it?

[COLOR="Navy"]Yes Jay, Prince Harry did get some flak about the Nazi uniform, if you're interested here is an article about it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4170083.stm
[/COLOR]

Coffee