Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressed with myself
Like most people, I was a closet case, yes, was.
I went back home this past weekend for Thanksgiving Holiday, and seen a lot of friends and family I haven’t seen in a while. I had a lot on my mind, and my friends could see that, due to the fact that I had previously participated in debates and events that I would normally “shy” away from (For example, debates/events supporting gays). So, since I was there in person, a friend of mine back home saw this as an opportunity to talk to me privately.
She seemed to be very keen on telling me something, so I agreed to meet up with her at the local coffee shop, where she came out to me. I wasn’t shocked, because as someone who has accepting being gay, it was easy for me to see that she had mixed feelings about her sexuality too. I just knew something was up. She was having problems with a girl I had suspecting was her girlfriend, and was right about. I gave her my advice. And as we talked about her situation, and her being gay, I was so tempted to tell her about me, and my feelings, but I rejected my thoughts and forced myself not to come out to her that day.
Luckily for me, that weekend, I became very upfront/direct/blunt (couldn’t choose which word fit well enough) with my friends and family, and because of this, I was able to have conversations with my aunt, sister, and best friends that I could never have done without being so curious. I was curious to see how people would react, to my questions and answers alike. This helped me prepare myself to tell my best friend I was gay.
I said the hell with it, and came out to her yesterday.

that was a very nice thing you did, not coming out on the same day as your friend. she needed the support and you helped by focusing all your attention on her instead of adding to the already stressful situation. did she ask you why you didn't come out then?

Yea, what happened???? GaehnGaehnGaehn

congrats BTW!!

Well, it was weird because, without saying much, she acted like I was lying at first, just so that I would make her feel better about herself. After we talked a bit more, mainly about our “type” of guy/girl, she realized it was the truth.
She didn’t ask me why I didn’t come out to her on the same day, no. But like you said, and at that moment, I knew that if I would have come out to her when she did to me, I would have wanted to talk about me me me, which would have spoiled everything. So instead, I took the time to understand, and learn from her coming out, luckily for her I was gay, and reacted well. But in a way, half of me wanted her to come out to a straight person, or at least someone she thought was straight Smile
I probably would never have come out of the closet, seriously. So for me, not coming out to a straight person doesn’t matter right now. However I do want that “challenge”. I want the challenge of convincing someone who doesn’t understand what I feel. But I’m just happy I saw this as the first step to a long stairwell ahead.
I hate it, because I’m back at University now, and she’s miles away. Having her to talk to was so amazing, and I’m angry that I have to do all my talking on the internet or phone. She is definitely closer to me than any of my family members, which is sad but true, and I told her that. We bonded really well, and we both shared advice and talked for hours, before we decided we were too tired to stay awake anymore Smile

Personal Wrote:. I want the challenge of convincing someone who doesn’t understand what I feel.

Congratulations again man! I know how great is to COME OUT at least decently, in the first time. I also love others to understand me... good luck!! :biggrin:

Well, I came out to a friend of mine 2 days ago during a heart to heart on the phone. That went well, to say the least. She's interesting, is fun to talk to , and asks halarious questions.

And yesturday, I came out to another one of my friends face to face. And we spent about 4 hours talking all night. I haven't spoken much to either of them today. I think things are good with us.

Seriously, I have no idea why I'm getting the courage to do all this. I told myself not to long ago that I will prob. stay in the closest the rest of my life, although, I do still feel that way with my family Wink

Great to hear that. I have yet to really come out, though some of my friends suspect that I am gay. I haven't had any reason to come out yet, it just doesn't seem to come up at all. BUt I feel happy for anyone who has the courage to really make it known. Congrats!

Thanks.

In your case, I would suggest picking two friends, ones that you trust with every inch of your life. Share your secrets with them, and have them trust you with their secrets. It will make it easier on your friend if they have one other person besides you to talk about your sexuality with, but you should make it clear to them to only direct conversation with each other, and nobody else. (thats what I did)

Keeping in mind that I assumed I'd live my entire life in the closest, this is a lot of fun. I can finally talk to people about who is hot and who's not!

Yes, i'm into coming out to friends right now, i'm being very picky and careful... have to admit young people nowadays do accept homosexuality far better than older adults, at least in my country

Damn you guys and your courage!
Maybe one day/month/year/decade/century I'll have the courage to do the same!

I came out to the lamp in my room, and now it won't turn on!