Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the Black
So a couple of months ago...you may remember that I was standing on a ledge ready to jump because the markets totally tanked.....over December and January I watched as tens of thousands of dollars vanished from my retirement portfolio......

To be honest, I'm not sure I cared because life is short and my wants are incredibly few....

So today....after weeks of watching the volatility work for/against my careful management...I looked at the bottom line and couldn't figure out what I was looking at.

It was the first time in months that I was showing a positive overall balance...even with some of the laggards in the energy and mining industries..

For the first time in forever (ie 2008).....the actual total value is in positive territory...WTF?

*pours champagne before the market crashes tomorrow and I end up working at Walmart until I'm 90*

Yay! Good for you.

As you know, somebody else and I are expecting a massive downturn in the next 12 months or so, so I'm scrambling to move some stuff to safer quarters. But glad you're on the positive side now.

Lex

Expect the whole economy to collapse into a steaming rubble heap that will require a decade and World War III to repair.

No seriously, there are too many bubbles growing and popping at this point of history, inflation has reached its reasonable peak, the currencies of many countries have to be reset, the economy has to be reset.

I would invest in firearms, bullets and seeds.

If you were freaked out by what the last little correction did to your portfolio, then you really have too much risk in your portfolio for your own personal comfort zone. Time to rebalance so your risk is lower. If you aren't comfortable with large declines, the danger becomes you sell when things are worth less because your emotions take over. Now's your time to reassess.

I know what you mean Rareboy.

TIAA-CREF has a pretty hady risk calculator that I like.
I bid NO Trump!

PS: Bowyn, that was not nice. The last thing we junior moguls want to deal with in quivering markets is apocalypticism. Why not bring happy Jell-O for lunch for everybody?
I bid NO Trump!

Jell-O is just solidified Kool Aid.

Lex

LJay Wrote:PS: Bowyn, that was not nice. The last thing we junior moguls want to deal with in quivering markets is apocalypticism. Why not bring happy Jell-O for lunch for everybody?

Nice? I'm supposed to be nice?

Sheesh what more do you people want from me.

Fine, here is your jello:

[Image: jello-shots.jpg]

In all honesty, I wanted to point out that the markets and economy are not steady and it may be a really good time to step away from the table before the house wins.

IDK, Gambling ones life savings away doesn't seem like a sane thing to do, especially if one is standing on a ledge preparing to jump over the last minor melt down of the markets.

If it was me, I would pull out all of my money from these high risk ventures and put it into something low risk.

Take a look at the Centene and Disney stocks Smile