Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Industrial music
I want to know, how do some of you feel about industrial music? (here's a link if your not sure what I'm talking about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_music)like it? hate it? what are some of your favorite groups, do you like early stuff like Throbbing gristle or Skinny Puppy, or contemporary's like NIN and Ministry ? I want to know if there are other fans on this forum.

Hmm I'm an industrial music noob but I like Throbbing Gristle and early Current 93?

Cubanate Xyxthumbs

I live for this genre. But only insofar as the "derivative" genres like futurepop and EBM count for those are the genres I usually listen to, apart from strange industrial hybrids like , or . As for EBM, I like me some , , and some others. As for futurepop, gimme some and , plz! There's also some darkwave worth listening to, such as , or . Finally, I'm also into rhythmic noise (, , etc.) and just noise ( would be exemplary).

Sorry, no old school for me Tongue Or well, I do like NIN.

I'm a huge fan of Industrial. I've been fortunate enough to see live Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Revolting Cocks, Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Front Line Assembly, Chris & Cosey, and many others. Some of the things I wish I had seen but missed are Laibach, Coil, Psychic TV, and Cabaret Voltaire.
coil is definitely one of my favorites. Sadly, after the death of both Peter Christopherson (formerly of Throbbing Gristle) and John Balance in the last few years, the band is no more.
(very creepy video)

(years before the Marilyn Manson version)

Lets add something a little "abrasive" to this thread :biggrin:

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Cubanate Xyxthumbs

Woo! That's good :o

I'm not a fan cause I like many genres of music, not only one, but I appreciate it and I listen industrial, sometimes. I also like contamination, where industrial is not so pure but is mixed (not remixed) with other music.

I saw this band open for Skinny Puppy.

The EBM Industrial of Nitzer Ebb.