Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Explorer problems
I've been having problems with my Internet Explorer browser: it seems to have disappeared!

The icon is still there on my desktop but it doesn't work (i.e. nothing shows up when I click it) and I can't find the program on my Control Panel.

I tried to install version 11 but I get this message that says that a more recent version is already installed!

Google Chrome is now my default browser and I wonder if it's blocking the Internet Explorer on my PC...

Any tips?

I have not used IE in so long, so I am not sure. Maybe start over and uninstall the Internet Explorer program and then download it again? When uninstalling a browser, they often give you an option to save your settings if you decide to download it again later.

I use Opera and have Firefox and Chrome as back ups because every once in a while there is a page that doesn't display correctly on Opera.

Try doing a complete uninstall (via the add/remove programs in the control panel) then do a reboot before trying to reinstall.

Will: I have Chrome and Mozilla, and neither interferes with my IE. If it won't let you install, you might have to uninstall whatever dysfunctional version of IE you currently have, and the go to a Microsoft site and download it as if it were brand new to you. Mozilla is my go-to browser because I have continual issues with IE.

Stop using IE!!!!!!! I use Chrome and Firefox and feel much safer putting personal information on the net with these than I did with Ie. ie Is far too unstable and each new version they come out with is worse than the last.

If you don't use IE for anything important, then just leave it or completely uninstall it. If the contrary, then just download the new version.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Try doing a complete uninstall (via the add/remove programs in the control panel) then do a reboot before trying to reinstall.

The problem is I can't find IE on my control panel, I have no idea what happened. Sad

Mister Love.... you might try this.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inter...e-10-win-7
Scroll down to the "Uninstall Internet Explorer" section.

I'd just use a different browser... It sounds mean, but I kinda wish my IE would disappear.

Actually my only tip is to not use IE Tongue