Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro
My first post.  I am 71 in Louisiana and retired.  I garden and make jewelry. I am looking for a vacation but the Miami Puerto Vallarta bar scenes are turn offs(ACE). Does anyone have a suggestion for a place to just hang out, chat and maybe do a few tours with other Aces?   Thanks.

Welcome to Gay Speak!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to GS @katzgar

I've never been much of a fan of bars, but I guess it depends on what type of people you're looking to hang out with.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(06-09-2021, 08:47 AM)katzgar Wrote: My first post.  I am 71 in Louisiana and retired.  I garden and make jewelry. I am looking for a vacation but the Miami Puerto Vallarta bar scenes are turn offs(ACE). Does anyone have a suggestion for a place to just hang out, chat and maybe do a few tours with other Aces?   Thanks.
I’m 75 and garden too .
I can’t help you with the ‘hang out’ question as I live on the other side of the planet out in the wilds of Tasmania. Not that I ever had much interest in hanging out on the bar scene when I was in Melbourne. Most of the interesting queer folk I met either working for volunteer organisations such as the AIDs Council or at venues etc that weren’t specifically for our community such as gardening clubs, late night art movie screenings and university hotels/ functions. In fact I developed a dislike of most gay venues, especially of the hotel/bar kind. My most recent contacts with the queer community are mostly through volunteering on a gay/lesbian etc crisis help like once a week. 
I’m not familiar with the term ‘Aces’. Is that US for older folk or something else?
Anyhow, welcome to GaySpeak.
The Human Race is Insane.

Big Welcome to GS @katzgar Smile
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Well come to GS!!

I don't know about aces but I've seen a few queens in my travels!

(06-10-2021, 11:21 AM)andy Wrote: Big Welcome to GS @katzgar Smile
cant enter on profile.  Please add this for me.

am 71 in Prairieville, Louisiana looking for friendships/relationships.   Interior design degree, enjoy arts, history and culture. Have veggie garden and enjoy landscaping. 

(06-10-2021, 07:36 AM)Karl Rand Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 08:47 AM)katzgar Wrote: My first post.  I am 71 in Louisiana and retired.  I garden and make jewelry. I am looking for a vacation but the Miami Puerto Vallarta bar scenes are turn offs(ACE). Does anyone have a suggestion for a place to just hang out, chat and maybe do a few tours with other Aces?   Thanks.
I’m 75 and garden too .
I can’t help you with the ‘hang out’ question as I live on the other side of the planet out in the wilds of Tasmania. Not that I ever had much interest in hanging out on the bar scene when I was in Melbourne. Most of the interesting queer folk I met either working for volunteer organisations such as the AIDs Council or at venues etc that weren’t specifically for our community such as gardening clubs, late night art movie screenings and university hotels/ functions. In fact I developed a dislike of most gay venues, especially of the hotel/bar kind. My most recent contacts with the queer community are mostly through volunteering on a gay/lesbian etc crisis help like once a week. 
I’m not familiar with the term ‘Aces’. Is that US for older folk or something else?

I would provide a link but this site is badly moderated.  ACE is short for asexual

(06-12-2021, 12:41 AM)Camfer Wrote: I don't know about aces but I've seen a few queens in my travels!https://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-asexual

(06-15-2021, 02:25 PM)katzgar Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 11:21 AM)andy Wrote: Big Welcome to GS @katzgar Smile
cant enter on profile.  Please add this for me.

am 71 in Prairieville, Louisiana looking for friendships/relationships.   Interior design degree, enjoy arts, history and culture. Have veggie garden and enjoy landscaping. 

(06-10-2021, 07:36 AM)Karl Rand Wrote:
I’m 75 and garden too .

I would provide a link but this site is badly moderated.  ACE is short for asexual