Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iron Man
I just happen to think that Smallville is one of the most pointless & uninteresting TV shows that I've ever seen.I'm no Superman fundi but I don't think the show stayed true to the atmosphere of the comics,movies.What baffles the most is why the show had to focus on how kryptonite drove various Smallville residents crazy and with Clark battling them EVERY episode.I decided to stop watching when a certain storyline involved witches.

Dan1089 Wrote:... I decided to stop watching when a certain storyline involved witches.
I understand that. It does get better in later series and the whole Lana/witch thing has not been referred to again. She marries Lex Luthor instead!

I found I had problems accepting changes in the fundamental mythology when the films began to update the story. Soon there were so many conflicting stories, even within the DC world, they had to be reintegrated in an armageddon scenario. After that mess it has been easier to accept each version of the legend (does Superman qualify for "legend" status?) as having an internal integrity and I do enjoy watching how the scriptwriters have incorporated characters from the story's history and devised a new "logic" to deal with the inevitable problems of suspending disbelief.

Hasn't the same treatment been meted out to Dr Who? If the trailer for next Saturday's show is anything to go by, are we finally going to see an explanation for William Hartnell's Doctor living in a scrapyard with his granddaughter (I'm not a Whovian, even if I have watched it from the first episode in 1961 or thereabouts. For all I know the explanation is common knowledge Wink ) ?

I've been told to watch Dr Who but I can't bring myself to.When we get together,the boys talk about cyber people and day-things I just get lost!Would it be possible to start watching now and still understand the show?Dr Who is quite the dish himself though.

Dan1089 Wrote:I've been told to watch Dr Who but I can't bring myself to.When we get together,the boys talk about cyber people and day-things I just get lost!Would it be possible to start watching now and still understand the show?Dr Who is quite the dish himself though.
The new series is pretty self-contained. It's not like each story goes over several episodes as used to be the case. Most stoies are completed in a single episode. Once you get the hang of who the characters are you should be okay.

Just do it Wink and if you want explanations just ask. There are bound to be plenty here who can help. We can chat about it if you like and bore Albert silly Rolleyes

Since I have been hearing good things about it, I think I will try to see it either tonight or tomorrow.

I saw it last night and I have to say it was much better than I thought. I felt that some of the emotion in the beginning died out midway through It would have been nice to have some discussion of Yensen before the end since he seemed like an important figure in Tony's life.
I did like Robert Downey Jr's performance, it wasn't as ridiculous as the trailer made him seem.
Anyway, as far as superhero movies go, I have to say that this is one of the better ones.

I Saw the movie last night also, and I thought it was great. I liked that the movie had a balance between CGI and Live Action, though, the movie itself was a bit long.