Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is £200.000 a week until 2018 too much ?
Chase Wrote:To all the people on here who are saying football/soccer players kind of deserve that much money because of the risks involved in a sports injury - I'd just like to say I've stood eerily close to ultra high voltage transformers, buses, and all these other electrical doohickeys you probably don't think of. I of course try to see the power plants at my job any chance I get so I can get out of the office and see some engineering, but I work with guys who work in power plants for the majority of the job where the threat of an arc flash forever looms at any unknown moment. My ass they deserve that many figures from the risk of a sports injury.
But at least the sports players are payed that much money by private businessmen and not the government.

Hell yeah!

Id rather pay Mr. Chase 200K a year to NOT get his fine ass fried!!!!

I mean really, a bunch of sweaty guys, running around, playing with their balls..........
WHY would I want to pay THEM that kind of money when Im NOT??????

southbiochem Wrote:what does that mean?.....forgive my ignorance..

"pon de" = "on/upon the" I believe

And £200k a week is too much for a footballer...now if you could reroute that sum in my direction, I might be willing to change my tune...Poke

southbiochem Wrote:what does that mean?.....forgive my ignorance..

"No Hate on the Footballers"

Pon is a short word for Upon, which is old English technically, along with other select words such as Hither, which translates basically to like "Here" but we have a saying

"Come Hither Heather" which is basically to say "Come here immediately".

Pon is also widely known, although it seems not very wide lol, phrase popularized by Jamaicans and in Reggae music and while they do use it more than we do, we are one of the oldest English speaking territories in the world and the first Island I believe, so a good deal of our local terms and sayings originate with very old, what's called "Elizabethean English" words and terms, in conjunction with our African/West Indian ones.

So when we say phrases like;

Enuh? Can translate to Standard English as; Right or You know?
And is sort of the broken British slang term "Innit" which means pretty much the same thing.

And "De" is the shortened version of "The", because I suppose in Migration and integration, the African Slaves couldn't quite get the handle of the English tongue, and so many of their descendants(most notable are those from the islands) tend to use the dental fricatives they had in certain words such as pronouncing "Th" in words.

Which is why you hear Jamaicans say "Ting" and "Tree" instead of Thing and Three.

We replace many Th sounds with a D, so would say Ding or Dree/Shree respectively.

Hopefully I cleared that up for you alittle bit <3 . I tend to slip up into my way of texting, which is basically how I talk. Add character I guess though Rofl

-.-

I read your original post wrong and accidentally hit 'no'. I wish I could withdraw my vote. Just subtract a "no" from the "no" votes :|

Edit: I withdrew it Smile!

Woollyhats Wrote:-.-

I read your original post wrong and accidentally hit 'no'. I wish I could withdraw my vote. Just subtract a "no" from the "no" votes :|
Now that you did this coming out we will torture and kill you. Grommit WOOF!!

sillyboy86 Wrote:Now that you did this coming out we will torture and kill you. Grommit WOOF!!

Goodbye wollyhats...Elkgrin

GetroffenZzwhip

Behead

partis Wrote:Thats how much a football player is getting... for playing football.
I take it we ARE talking about the ones who are professionals in big clubs, right?

It's still stupid, and If they get taxed greatly fuck it, the State can start taxing more on big companies..about damn time anyway

princealbertofb Wrote:I take it we ARE talking about the ones who are professionals in big clubs, right?

Yes, of course, we are talking about big names...although for all it matters I don't see any difference bewteen them and whomever goes arround kicking balls..only goes to show you how stupid it is.

Woollyhats Wrote:-.-

For 2 seconds I was getting ready to slap someone in the face...Biglaugh

Any amount of money is too much for a guy to kick a ball.

partis Wrote:Goodbye wollyhats...Elkgrin

GetroffenZzwhip

Behead

No I appeal! I appeal I say!