Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is HARRY POTTER dangerous?
And btw, my kids LOVE Harry Potter AND Buffy/Angel, the boy shows no more interest in working magic than he does in building giant robots or using superpowers. Sure, it might be fun, but it's not going to happen, and he'll play with lightsabers and toy guns before toy wands.

The girl got curious about Wicca, but once she saw it was nothing like HP witchcraft or as in Buffy she lost interest in it.

Anyway, that liar said something wrong about the 7 devils or whatever as well (not going to watch it again), about one being the unnamed, and I think I still have a book (couldn't find it) that lists all the charts and explains the Hermetic worldview along with astrology, enochianism, etc, and all 7 princes of darkness have a name, having a name is important in gaining control over it, and that's what people into spirit evocation want, control (actually, that's true of prayer as well). And I know of Christians who consider if blasphemous to say that Jesus could be conquered by saying a name, or like it takes 100 Christians fasting for a week to defeat the spell of one witch (as one "ex-witch" did). In any case, even if she had "privileged" info then he was still named, HP and others named him Voldemort in defiance of it being forbidden, so technically speaking the books teach them to defy the dark powers...and that's contrary to the goal I saw stated (if she went on to say so the evil spirits would kill the kids for their insolence, including the author who spoke the name, then I haven't noticed any ill effects from that either).

Finally, THIS is what that liar says her life was like, saying she recognized Harry Potter:

Just one example. I could throw in Quiiditch and wands more deadly than bazookas, and all kinds of others things but I trust the point is made, and that no one can believe her now anymore when someone says genetic engineering is real and claims to know because the X-Men described his life so well and thus the comics and movies are setting them up to embrace it. Rolleyes

Ok, throw a couple more in of the life the liar says she was a part of:

MrLove, are you joking?

Harry Potter is a series of fictional fantasy books/movies. Nothing more.

The Vatican is far more dangerous than the HP series, or any other work of fiction.

One time my mum let her friend's son watch harry potter even though his grandmother forbids him to because she's a member of one of those evangelical super-churches (which just don't feel right to me... I've been to those and for me they don't feel like what faith should be they honestly in my experience felt a bit scary) .

He got really into it.

I think it was the devil worship that got him hooked. Tongue

lol nope

~~~~

My personal opinion about Harry Potter is that Cakeluv needs to put up more photos of himself in his album because it would appear he has a cute little nose and is Oh my gosh handsom Smile

This is such a joke. People overreact to the most harmless things and make it seem like the devil is everywhere. It's just a damn book (and a movie, I guess. I just didn't like the movies).

Of course he is!
He KILLED Voldemort!

I'm just glad he's on our side, makes the world feel a whole lot safer.
:tongue:

Miles Wrote:Also, if I remember right The Lord of the Rings was written by a devout Catholic and the Narnia books were written by a member of the Church of England. But that's okay because the lion was Jesus.

I find LOTR infinitely better than HP but for purely literary reasons, nothing to do with religion.

Yes - it is dangerous for owls, since the films many peoples (particularly in India) think its OK to own owls as pets, when its well known owls do not make good pets (except in harry potter films) they are wild solitary birds, alas many owls being mistreated and dying.

I don't know about evil and witchcraft, but I think its the most hyped film franchise in all history, and absolute CRAP, there's nothing magic or special about it