Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is HARRY POTTER dangerous?
Nah, I don't buy it. It was a lovely series that was well written. If they wanna yell about something point them to the nearest call of duty game which is my definition of evil. It's making this young generation excruciatingly violent. Magic is not real so there fore a bunch of kids running around yelling avada kedavra is harmless and all in good fun. buy a bunch of kids running around with assualt rifles going "BOOM HEADSHOT" is a tad more disturbing. Tell the pope to shove it and send him a box of chocolates. With love. Greenchainsaw

Rather than worry about Harry Potter the Vatican should look nearer home and start to clean up its own house.

http://gayspeak.com/showthread.php?p=303815#post303815

From hogwarts a spell he cast, and as want the case 'orrid wrong it went

Now I'm in love with young Potter be...: Hubba-hubba-smiley

Trial by error

MisterLove Wrote:I find LOTR infinitely better than HP but for purely literary reasons, nothing to do with religion.

Oh I certainly wasn't comparing them quality-wise, just the fact that they're both well-known multi-volume works of fiction in fantasy settings with magic and wizards that were turned into big-budget blockbuster movie series. Really that's about all they have in common as far as I know, but I figured most people have heard of them and can make the connection.

In fact I've never read LOTR, and have only read the first Hairy Pothead book and a few chapters of the second before I lost interest. (I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when I was 9 or so, but nothing else in the Narnia series.)

dfiant Wrote:My personal opinion about Harry Potter is that Cakeluv needs to put up more photos of himself in his album because it would appear he has a cute little nose and is Oh my gosh handsom Smile

Ohmagawd... :$$ *ya need glasses tbh.

And I mean, have you seen SolemnBoy? like gosh, god bless his parents for giving birth to such a beautiful creature. lol

CakeLuv Wrote:Ohmagawd... :$$ *ya need glasses tbh.

And I mean, have you seen SolemnBoy? like gosh, god bless his parents for giving birth to such a beautiful creature. lol

Don't cut yourself short sis. You're a beautiful gurl Kiss3

Solemn boy was born from Aphrodites loins and Athena's Brain, hence why he's all a dat and a bag o chips :p

Can't compete with that lol, and I was born from Zeus's womb!
(not the Bartender Tinks! :p )

MisterLove Wrote:I have always hated the Harry Potter stories, I find them shallow and mediocre, at best.

A different question is: are these stories dangerous and evil?

According to the Vatican, they are. Several Vatican officials, such as Gabriele Amorth, are constantly warning us against these books.

The basic accusation is this: J. K. Rowling's works are not as innocent as they seem and they promote witchcraft and sorcery, especially among the young.

Here's an interesting video on the subject, a testimony by a former witch:

I'm not saying I agree with this, but this lady seems to be very articulate and well informed on the subject of witchcraft.

Are you stoned? Yea...Harry Potter books are the first step to kids becoming REAL witches and wizards, while Dungeons & Dragons are a primer for aspiring Demonologists.....

Seriously, if you are actually worried that the Vatican is on to something here, then don't you think that maybe you have more to worry about.....? SMH.

The Vatican is FULL of psychotic lunatics who have delusions of being gods themselves!!

EVERY word that comes out of that place is another "nail in the coffin of humanity" on this planet.

These are STORIES.. MADE UP STORIES.
FANTASIES.
SOMETHING THAT IS NOT REAL!

Of course, these idiots live in their own fantasy world, kept in perpetual motion by the "less than average intelligence" out there. If you feed the beast with your money, lives, and thoughts, then the beast will overtake you. And thats what religion has done. Most people dont know this, but when religious "leaders" talk about "the beast", they are talking about themselves.....they just dont expect the "sheep" to realize it.

So, if these morons are to be believed, then ALL fantasy movies are evil!!
ALL science fiction is EVIL!!

My opinion is they all need to be shot. Humanity will be a LOT better off.

These books and movies are no more stepping stones for wizardry, witchcraft, and demonology, than reading Harlequin romances are stepping stones for whores, sluts, and prostitutes!!!

One of the reasons fundies freak out over Harry Potter are its strong female characters:

This is why they don't go after Twilight (which teaches female either submit or are evil, has a strong abstinence before marriage message, and as Anne Rice described it, "Twilight is sex for young women not ready for sex"). And it's why they wouldn't go after LoTR (especially the original books).

Though another reason they won't go after LOTR is because it didn't instill a love of reading & learning as Harry Potter has for many, and fundies and others of their ilk fear and loathe that, witness their constant assault on schools, teachers, etc. Plus defying authority as done in HP wouldn't help, I still recall how some group of Pentecostals were trying to remove Huck Finn from our school library as they said it taught us we could do whatever we want and make our own rules (the scene that REALLY ticked them off was when Huck learned it was wrong to steal so he was going to return Jim to his master and tried praying for forgiveness at having stolen him from his owner in helping him reach freedom but found he couldn't utter the prayer and decided he'd rather burn in Hell than betray Jim).

"I less than three Jeezis an' I don't read da Harry Pothead buks cuz demz evil."

I read the whole series, and the running themes are: love, friendship, loyalty, and doing the right thing no matter the cost.

Haters gonna hate.