Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There Such A Generous and Pampering Boyfriend / Partner?
Maybe it's just me but when I read "generous" and "pampering" I think "looking for sugar daddy".
So this topic is sort of confusing for me.

Cobalt Wrote:Maybe it's just me but when I read "generous" and "pampering" I think "looking for sugar daddy".

I wouldn't consider [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] a sugar daddy. At all , yeah? But he is generous with his time. Obsessive about me, and my well being and..... ok so about damned near -everything- about me. And he loves to do little things for me to make sure I feel special. These aren't monetary, they're just.... expressions of how he feels about me.

Oh no no no, I wasn't referring to anyone but the topic creator.
I'm not saying I put the those words to always mean sugar daddy, but to me when someone opens up with saying: "looking for someone generous and pampering" it gives me the heebee jeebies.

Look...yes, there ARE men who enjoy doting on other men; I know, because I married one... HOWEVER, there are usually reasons said man chooses to express himself through extravagent gifts, excessive attention and doting/pampering behavior.

My husband is, in many many ways, the ideal partner (from the point of view of someone who enjoys said behavior, never the less, he also suffers from a (noticeable) level of autism and is in reality attempting to compensate for those qualities. Trust me, it took a while to figure that out!

Apparently, he is insecure in his own ability to interact socially and attempts to deal with possible confrontations by "heading them off at the pass" via gifts and "thoughtful" uses of his time.

An example:
My husband recently informed me that he intended to undergo an elective surgery since we had maxed out our deductible with our insurance company. When told this, I asked him to verify that information and (assuming he was correct) told him I would be fine with him going thru with it.
He told me that he had checked, so I said "O.K." It turned out that he was mistaken, but (because he was so certain that he was correct) he didn't check with the insurance company. SOo....the day of the surgery, I was presented with a bill for almost $3000....
Needless to say, I was pissed! However, my husband NEVER apologizes.....instead he surprised me with a gift....

It is very Very VERY rare that things (or People!) are what they seem. Many of my friends and relatives are fond of discussing how "lucky" I am regarding my spouse and the "fabulous" gifts he presents me with.....in reality, there is always a trade I am making that others are simply unaware of....

~Beaus

Post Script: I realized that I failed to answer your questions in full-- He found me while he was on a business trip home to Louisiana almost 20 years ago. Though I left him a few times, he is eerily persistent...

Cobalt Wrote:Maybe it's just me but when I read "generous" and "pampering" I think "looking for sugar daddy".
I thought the same...

I didn't see words like 'Caring' or "Attentive " In the opening post .. so I assumed a Porsche Cayenne in exchange for a life on "the knees"...

Maybe the opening poster should clarify...?

Does it count if I am generous on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while being pampering on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday? I need Sundays to pamper myself. I'm selfish that way.

If your sugar daddy is old enough, instead of Pampering, it's Depends.

Darius Wrote:Does it count if I am generous on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while being pampering on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday? I need Sundays to pamper myself. I'm selfish that way.

That would be great!

I think you got it right...

Cobalt Wrote:Oh no no no, I wasn't referring to anyone but the topic creator.
I'm not saying I put the those words to always mean sugar daddy, but to me when someone opens up with saying: "looking for someone generous and pampering" it gives me the heebee jeebies.

It should give you the heebee jeebies....

I had one of those sugar daddies once....quite by accident. I had no idea how much money he had when I met him and when I found out I didn't care. I insisted on paying my own way....didn't matter...I paid the price for it....

He was all about POWER AND CONTROL....it's a bitch to get out from under it...and come back from it....

Be careful what you ask for....